Woof! A warning!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Re: Woof! A warning!

Post by MBMyer »

For those who care, over the (very young) life of my Forza, the range per tank has been from 153 miles to 198 miles.

Just so you know.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:
gn2 wrote:Alternatively, do not take the key out the ignition till you walk away from the scooter.
Shit happens and then us absent minded old farts have to deal with it.

One pretty lady walks by and I forget what I was doing. Yes, I have problems!

Is it the salmon sex fixation?
must be
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

alx123 wrote:You guys should get the 2016 model coz it doesn't have any key at all. LOL
I do not understand this ????? Did they make a keyless system on the 2016 Forza ???

I am still holding out purchasing until the 2017 Forza's are released, I really want LED lighting and 16 inch wheels :D

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went to the golf course and played the whole 18 holes with the key in my BWS scooter. Scooters are so strange that no one took it. Nobody even wanted to "test ride" it.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

It's a key in another form. Can thieves hot wire the new bikes or are they locked down to ECU level with no hope without the new fancy keys?
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

iceman wrote:It's a key in another form. Can thieves hot wire the new bikes or are they locked down to ECU level with no hope without the new fancy keys?
In the case of the Forza, and other scooters, I would not worry about anyone trying to hot wire it. At that point, it would be must faster, safer, easier, less chance of getting caught by having a couple big guys slide it into the back of a van or truck... Even with the front wheel lock, it would be easy enough for 2 strong guys to lift the front wheel and quickly get it up a ramp. Once thieves have a bike home, they can easily replace the key with a new one or part it out.

I would be careful where I park, and NEVER leave an expensive scooter out overnight on a regular basis. I would also use a really thick, hard to cut cable if parked where I thought there was a risk of theft. For example, at Walmart, I park in easy sight of the front door, and cable to a pole. There would be 10 people calling 911 and cops would get there before they could get that cable cut. Thieves do not want to go to jail, and when faced with almost surely getting caught, will move on to an easier target.

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I made my Forza ugly. Around here nobody wants a scooter anyway, just ask Honda sales people.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

davenowherejones wrote:I made my Forza ugly. Around here nobody wants a scooter anyway, just ask Honda sales people.
I think my Forza will look good in PINK with YELLOW flowers pasted all over it :lol: Then I could leave the key in it and no self respecting thief would want to ride it away !

Mike
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I went to the golf course and played the whole 18 holes with the key in my BWS scooter. Scooters are so strange that no one took it. Nobody even wanted to "test ride" it.

Not when the average age is in the coffin dodger territory.

Might be different outside McDs.

Different demographic.