Is this a good deal?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by Mel46 »

JustScootin, consider getting a windshield so that you can ride at higher speeds without feeling like you are going to be blown off of your new scooter. GIVI has some really nice one. I have the older model (2013) and have the tall windshield on both of ours for longer rides. Some riders only install the mid-height windshield. The choice is yours. Either is better than what comes on the bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PingGam
Year: 2012 PCX
Color: Black

Post by PingGam »

kramnala58 wrote:
PingGam wrote:The 150 is a fun bike to ride, I think it is a much better option than the MSX125 (grom), unless you are a kid :D
I didn't realise how much more expensive the scooters were in the US, compared to here in Thailand. o_O
Here a 2016 PCX 150 is about US$2,300 (at current exchange rate), and I recently bought a 2016 Forza 300 for about US$4,600.
The new 2016 PCX comes with a 12v outlet in the left compartment and also a keyless ignition among other things. I might have to upgrade my 150 to the new model :D
Just wondering, why do you have a PCX and a Forza here in Thailand? Do you live where there is more open road driving as compared to me in BKK near the intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke? In my opinion, the Forza is too big for the inner city where I do 99.9% of my riding.
I live up near Khon Kaen. My Pcx is great for running around the local area. I got the Forza to do longer trips.
Current Scooters
2012 PCX 150 Black
2016 Forza 300 ABS Yellow
JustScootIn
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: White

Post by JustScootIn »

Mel46 wrote:JustScootin, consider getting a windshield so that you can ride at higher speeds without feeling like you are going to be blown off of your new scooter. GIVI has some really nice one. I have the older model (2013) and have the tall windshield on both of ours for longer rides. Some riders only install the mid-height windshield. The choice is yours. Either is better than what comes on the bike.

Hi Mel thanks for the suggestion. I think I will go with that mid sized shield I'm not that tall but I did feel that wind pretty good on the torso around 50-60 mph especially. I have to say I do like the way the stock shield looks though even though it doesn't really offer much protection.
Scootolicious
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Scootolicious »

I've had the grom 125 prior to my 2016 pcx and there is no comparison. The pcx is much more comfortable and obviously more storage. I would certainly never buy an extended warranty on a Honda. No need to do any valve checks at 600 miles. That's a way to get you back into dealer to squeeze that much more out of you. Enjoy!!
JustScootIn
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: White

Post by JustScootIn »

Scootolicious wrote:I've had the grom 125 prior to my 2016 pcx and there is no comparison. The pcx is much more comfortable and obviously more storage. I would certainly never buy an extended warranty on a Honda. No need to do any valve checks at 600 miles. That's a way to get you back into dealer to squeeze that much more out of you. Enjoy!!
Ok so besides oil change at 600 miles is there anything else I should be looking at? As recommended by you and others I probably will not have the valve clearance adjustment done at 600.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

It a general check over as well. Checking brake and throttle adjustments, checking bolts are all tight, stuff like that.

See attached photo. It's from a 2011 but won't be far wrong.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1456091456.061066.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1456091456.061066.jpg (259.62 KiB) Viewed 362 times