Is this a good deal?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JustScootIn
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: White

Is this a good deal?

Post by JustScootIn »

Hello pcx forum. I recently have decided to get a scooter as a means of secondary transport and for leisure. My brother recently bought a grom and insisted I get one too but when I saw the pcx 150 I knew that the pcx was the one for me. Anyways..

I write on this forum today because I have received a quote from a dealer for a new 2015 white Honda pcx 150 for $3500 out the door; tags, tax, title, registration, etc. included. And they said they would deliver it to my house for free too.

What I want to know is if this is a good deal or not. Would you buy it? Can I get a better deal?

I do plan on requesting another quote from another dealership for the same bike to compare and possibly pit one against the other however, I just want to know if what I'm being quoted seems like a steal, legit, or outrageous.

I'm live on the east coast of United States if that helps.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by homie »

Competitive price for Chicagoland area. I don't think the dealers have much to play with on PCX. At this time you need to decide if you will buy the extended warranty or not. If you buy it you must turn your bike in for a valve clearance inspection at 600 miles which feels like the day after you bought it. You won't need this inspection but you void the warranty if you don't let them have it back and tear it down to the tune of 14 service manual procedures. This is total BS IMO so your choice is to blow off the warranties and save the scratch... or play it safe with the Honda warranty hustle.

This is the problem with scooters, not that there valves are out of tollerance but that its a monumental effort to get to them, look close at the Grom (how easily does it break down) :)
Good luck and choose well young jedi
Attachments
mac4.jpg
mac4.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi and welcome aboard our forums! :P
I can give you my example. I bought my White 2015 with all the added expenses you mentioned for $4050.00 otd (that was shortly after the 15's arrived). The dealer charged me for delivery, so that was another $75.00. Nice that yours will be delivered for free.
Did you get a chance to see the PCX that the dealer called you about? Is it brand new? Any mileage? Will he let you test ride it? Most dealers around me won't.
About his price? I think it's good, but $3,400 sounds better...but then that's where the free delivery works in his favor (doing you a favor and saving you $$).

Ah well, let's wait to hear from a few others.

Gosh I'm excited for You!!! 8) :P 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

Thanks homie. I did not plan on purchasing the extended warranty. if I don't buy the extended plan and don't get the valves inspected at 600 miles will it void the initial one year warranty?

My brother is a mechanic and services his bike and will be helping me service mine as well.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JustScootIn wrote:Thanks homie. I did not plan on purchasing the extended warranty. if I don't buy the extended plan and don't get the valves inspected at 600 miles will it void the initial one year warranty?

My brother is a mechanic and services his bike and will be helping me service mine as well.
Yes it will but give your brother my video on PCX valve clearance adjustment and if you ever feel the need to actually check them you are good to go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg

I guess we could ask others in here how many used their one year warranty (6 months actual ride time in your neck of the woods) but my guess is for PCX it's good odds you won't. However Forza is a different story ;) Your warranty becomes more precious if you ride all year, it's a joke here in Chicagoland.

So your biggest boggle now is what color? WOOT!!!!
Last edited by homie on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

thanks for the welcome white noise. I requested a quote from an Internet ad and contacted them through email. I have not been to the dealer to look at the bike. I'm still trying to make contact with the other dealer. It snowed here today so they may not have been in today.
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

homie wrote:
JustScootIn wrote:Thanks homie. I did not plan on purchasing the extended warranty. if I don't buy the extended plan and don't get the valves inspected at 600 miles will it void the initial one year warranty?

Yes it will but give your brother my video on PCX valve clearance adjustment and if you ever feel the need to actually check them you are good to go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg
Thank you so much
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you are most welcome
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

I'm pretty set on the white color for '15. My gf says black haha. But white is all anyone has in stock around here anyway. It is supposed to be 50 degrees on Saturday so hopefully I can put at least 100 miles on it if I have it then. I'll keep you guys updated :D

Edit: Maryland weather is weird and changes all the time. Not weird to have gorgeous days in January and freezing rain in May. . I had mentioned previously that it snowed today. I'm hoping the roads will be mostly dry by Saturday
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

White will really let your badge and decals pop! Badges? Badges? http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=badges
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

Those look cool. I didnt have anything specifically in mind for the bike as far as looks go just yet. I just want to ride XD I've ridden a lot of smaller displacement scooters and giggle like a schoolgirl anytime I ride one. They're just so much damn fun right?

Edit: I really like the Honda decal on the lower right panel in your video. Looks real nice.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JustScootIn wrote:They're just so much damn fun right?
even seasoned Harley guys can like a scooter :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6jaWNoiDM
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

Hahahahaha great moment thanks for sharing
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

I'm going to call the other dealer in the morning to receive a quote on the other pcx. I'll keep you guys updated.
JustScootIn

Post by JustScootIn »

Went and got the bike today guys!!! I went with the first dealer and left with the 2015 white Honda pcx 150 for $3500 out the door. Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Woot! 8) Congrats!
Another White in the house. Let the fun commence
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Awesome!!!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Cool. Congrats. White is faster. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PingGam
Year: 2012 PCX
Color: Black

Post by PingGam »

The 150 is a fun bike to ride, I think it is a much better option than the MSX125 (grom), unless you are a kid :D

I didn't realise how much more expensive the scooters were in the US, compared to here in Thailand. o_O
Here a 2016 PCX 150 is about US$2,300 (at current exchange rate), and I recently bought a 2016 Forza 300 for about US$4,600.

The new 2016 PCX comes with a 12v outlet in the left compartment and also a keyless ignition among other things. I might have to upgrade my 150 to the new model :D
Current Scooters
2012 PCX 150 Black
2016 Forza 300 ABS Yellow
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

PingGam wrote:The 150 is a fun bike to ride, I think it is a much better option than the MSX125 (grom), unless you are a kid :D
I didn't realise how much more expensive the scooters were in the US, compared to here in Thailand. o_O
Here a 2016 PCX 150 is about US$2,300 (at current exchange rate), and I recently bought a 2016 Forza 300 for about US$4,600.
The new 2016 PCX comes with a 12v outlet in the left compartment and also a keyless ignition among other things. I might have to upgrade my 150 to the new model :D
Just wondering, why do you have a PCX and a Forza here in Thailand? Do you live where there is more open road driving as compared to me in BKK near the intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke? In my opinion, the Forza is too big for the inner city where I do 99.9% of my riding.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(