2015 Shop / Service Manual - got mine, sort of . . .

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: 2015 Shop / Service Manual - got mine, sort of . . .

Post by pcxpower »

iceman wrote:Just got the main shop manual, sadly it seems they ordered and sent me the PCX125-150 '12 version 62KWN50 (I have the latest 2015 125/150 UK ammendment 62KWN50Z). Not sure if they should have sent 62KWN500 as given in the supplement, but they said that did not exist!

I imagine there was a 2013 version of the shop manual, or did that come as the 2012 with amendment? (before the 2014/5 models).

What also seems odd, is that in this 2012 125/150 manual, it says to get to and adjust the valves you only need to remove the side cover, radiator cover, cylinder head cover, three bolts and left crankcase cover duct - getting to the cylinder head cover seems so easy - this can't be right can it? Page 3-6 of the manual.
Then, if I understand correctly, you have the right ammendment (for the 2014/2015 model) but the main shop manual that they sent is for the older model? If it's this way, I guess that it's not posible to get the correct manual in Europe?

In the States, it seems that things are much easier: simply ordering the #61KZY01 would do the trick. It's a pity that things are so complex over here... :cry:
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Yep, seems the info printed in the amendment for the matching 'real' manual does not exist on dealers databases or anywhere that sells Honda shop manual, so - the '12 manual for UK/Europe models is the one available. As it covers 125/150, am I right in thinking 150 is available in europe somewhere?
The amendment is good, but should have been cheaper than the main manual as it's only 100 pages compared to the much thicker and excellent main manual.
It was Helm's $180 shipping that was extortionate - but I believe it can be purchaes someone else with reasonable shipping.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

iceman wrote: The amendment is good, but should have been cheaper than the main manual as it's only 100 pages compared to the much thicker and excellent main manual.
Thank you for your help, and I would like to ask you one more favour: Could you please let us know what includes the amendment? Perhaps you could take a pic of the "contents" table, like the one that WhiteNoise posted, so we could see what is included in the amendment? Honda's policy is weird, as they have a whole manual in the States, and here they split it in two, without updating the main manual.... :? :? :? :?

iceman wrote: It was Helm's $180 shipping that was extortionate - but I believe it can be purchaes someone else with reasonable shipping.
Yes, it's something that I don't understand... if I were them, I would be extremely happy if thousands of PCX owners from abroad purchased my manuals, charging them just a little extra for the international shipping... instead of doing that, they charge an absurdly high shipping fee, so that almost nobody purchase it... o_O o_O o_O o_O
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Here's the contents of the 2015 PCX 125/150 UK/European ammendment.
pcx_2015_amendment_contents.jpg
pcx_2015_amendment_contents.jpg (298.45 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Wow! This has been really fast! :D :D :D :D

Thank you very much, and I agree that it must very useful because it includes all the instructions about removing the body panels, wiring diagram, and general information about the 2015 model, which seems to be the "bare essentials" when owning this PCX, but it should be cheaper than what they ask for it...

Then, it seems that Honda Europe has taken this route (main shop manual for old model + ammendment for new one) so that they don't need to create a totally new manual to cover old and new models... which already exists in the States... o_O o_O

I will inquire price and availability at my Honda dealer and share my findings with you all!!! (I bet that they do not have the manuals available for customers :? :roll: )

Thanks again! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

It may be good to take note of the honda part number and ask them to look it up and quote you a price (they cannot say it does not exist as it does - it's a genuine Honda part that is available as is the the pcx 125/150 '12 manual).
http://www.motopissaris.gr/eng/parts/62KWN50Z - Shop Manual PCX125-150 (yr15 amendment
http://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/hond ... 0-62kwn50/ - '12 shop manual
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Thank you very much and yes, I took note of the part numbers in one of your previous, really informative and helpful, posts:

* 62KWN50, main shop manual PCX125-150 '12 version
* 62KWN500, which they said that did not exist
* 62KWN50Z, latest 2015 125/150 UK ammendment

And I will enquire about them at my Honda dealer, and I'm eager to see the "spare parts manager" face when I let him know about these numbers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some weeks ago, I wanted to know about prices for three OEM panel parts that appears in the USA Honda website, to compare it to our Spanish prices, and when I told him the numbers, two of them appeared in the screen, but he stated that for one of them, the computer said "not available in your country" o_O o_O o_O o_O

Then, we searched for the part number using their parts diagram, and the panel appeared, but with a different part number. The piece was exactly the same in the States and Europe, so both he and I were puzzled... we will see what happens this time! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Well, I went to my Honda Dealer and inquired about the part numbers that appear in my last message, and according to the computer, all of them "are not available in your country" o_O o_O o_O o_O

I supposed that this was going to be the result, but even like that, it amazes me... I guess that Honda does not want to lose their customer's money for repairs ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

pcxpower wrote:Well, I went to my Honda Dealer and inquired about the part numbers that appear in my last message, and according to the computer, all of them "are not available in your country" o_O o_O o_O o_O
I supposed that this was going to be the result, but even like that, it amazes me... I guess that Honda does not want to lose their customer's money for repairs ;)
Ridiculous! They can be ordered on-line, although each was about £46+£10 p/p to UK. Perhaps it's worth ordering the US version for less than $40 and get someone to post it to you or there was a place that charged normal postal rates (can't think of it right now, someone will know) unlike Helms and their $180 postage!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Yes, it's something that I don't understand... Here in Spain we don't have the tradition that exists in the States (for instance) where you can purchase manuals, parts, etc, online and everybody is happy :D

Thank you very much for your idea, and it's time to search for other options! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

£46+£10 p/p to UK.

Iceman, was this available from a UK site? or was this from the dealer.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

From on-line sites by putting the manual codes into google i.e.
http://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/hond ... 0-62kwn50/
Sunset_Skyline
Color: White is faster

Post by Sunset_Skyline »

WhiteNoise wrote:Sorry pcxpower I was out a lot this weekend :P spending money. Shhh.....(cabinet for 50" tv) Shhh...

I see iceman came to the rescue! Cool dude 8) I also took some quick pics this morning (one is a bonus).
I'm anxious to see your properly fitted 2015 screen! :P
My friend crashed his new matte black pcx (1 week old) and he asked me to help him,
The rear of the scoot has been fully disassembled
I need to take off the full front end (left and right panels) of the scoot (newest model aka 2015) can you help me out? I can't figure out how to remove it!
Thank you so much!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

I got my manuals from Dobles - major Honda dealer in the UK. They were very helpful and never said they were not available. David silver spares (PCX/Forza) are also willing to get the manuals for people - indeed the latest Forza 125 shop manual (62K40000) was £44.39 including shipping for those lucky Forza owners.
Sunset_Skyline

Post by Sunset_Skyline »

Can someone help me??
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi, I never did this myself but you can take a look here at maddiedog's tear down of a pcx. It should help you get started. Good luck!
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2630
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

BTW, maddiedog is the owner of our forums and def knows what he's doing. His demo was done on his previously owned 2011 pcx Not a 2015.
You'll get the general idea. I have faith, you sound scoot-mechanic gifted ;)

Need more help? Ask and be patient...it will come
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Sunset_Skyline

Post by Sunset_Skyline »

WhiteNoise wrote:BTW, maddiedog is the owner of our forums and def knows what he's doing. His demo was done on his previously owned 2011 pcx Not a 2015.
You'll get the general idea. I have faith, you sound scoot-mechanic gifted ;)

Need more help? Ask and be patient...it will come
I need to fix this part (see photo, btw that's my scoot)
And still i can't figure out how to tear apart the front of the scoot...
If someone has the service manual of the led version, please help me!
(Since we are still students and don't have money to spend on some service manual for just 2 panels..)
Attachments
InShot_20160616_032526~01.jpg
InShot_20160616_032526~01.jpg (137.72 KiB) Viewed 1006 times