2015 Shop / Service Manual - got mine, sort of . . .

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

2015 Shop / Service Manual - got mine, sort of . . .

Post by iceman »

Ordered a service manual for the new style PCX from a UK dealer and got it today - only it's just the addendum manual not the main manual. Is is for the new 'led' models

Entitled Shop Manual PCX125-150 (yr15) part number 62KWN50Z - I believe the main manual is p/n 62KWN500. For those with the new full or main service manual, what is the p/n?

The addendum has sections 24-1 through 24.89 and covers quite a lot of things, general bits and pieces, a lof of panel removal, electrics, all the sensors, PGM/MAP sensor and codes, etc, but not things such as valve checks!

I'll contact the dealer and see if they can get me the main service manual.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 2015 Shop / Service Manual - got mine, sort of . . .

Post by homey »

nice, you would hope the dealers have it before your first service is due. Are you riding a 15?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Yep - had the bike since end of May and had the 1st service done about 3 weeks ago - now must have around 1200 miles on the clock. Have a few issues such as occasional burning smell, throttle not always responsive taking off / slow speed, and more noisy then other pcx's or so it seems. Get 140mpg regularly though so assume valve clearance is correct.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

iceman wrote:occasional burning smell, throttle not always responsive taking off / slow speed, and more noisy then other pcx's. Get 140mpg regularly though so assume valve clearance is correct.
140mpg o_O is that what I can expect soon WOOT!
Sorry to hear about issues on the 2015 PCX150 if that's the cc you have, I would like to know more as you sort it out... tagging you
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

homey wrote:
iceman wrote:occasional burning smell, throttle not always responsive taking off / slow speed, and more noisy then other pcx's. Get 140mpg regularly though so assume valve clearance is correct.
140mpg o_O is that what I can expect soon WOOT!
Sorry to hear about issues on the 2015 PCX150 if that's the cc you have, I would like to know more as you sort it out... tagging you
It's a 125 - I'm in the UK so only 125 available for the PCX. If they bring out a new model in some years, adding ABS is perhaps the only thing it needs above the 2015 style - even at a cost option like with the SHi125. Soon to fill again, but every fill up since using up what it came with, I've always got either side of 140mpg - never going more than 45, mostly start-stop 30ish mph in town, with just the commute home in busy traffic with filtering (no traffic going in to work). I do not use the idle stop function either!

So yeah, very fuel effiicient, just the occasional mild burning smell in dry conditions and about five occurences of the lack-lustre throttle control. I'm now experimenting a bit to see what it may be (mostly used the front brake to gently slow down and hardly any rear yesterday and did not notice a problem, usually I mostly use the front with some rear) but one ride is not proof enough. I still suspect something else.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey iceman, here's mine. The p/n is 61KZY01 for the complete 2013-2015 Honda Service Manual PCX 150 (U.S. Printed 2014). Here's my Contents Page covering 1-22 (+ index page).
Your 2014 (?) PCX 125 might be a bit different? :roll:
Sorry your manual is coming in piece meal, but it will be worth the wait when all comes together :P
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (235.85 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

homey wrote: 140mpg o_O is that what I can expect soon WOOT!
If I assume correctly, if these 140mpg are "British mpg", it seems that in the USA they would convert to 116.6mpg? (I have just found out when converting my l/100km to mpg in http://www.convert-me.com/es/convert/fuel/ )
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Yes, british MPG. My location is UK. Still better than Honda's official 133mpg which I did not believe I would get anywhere near using it for town commute in traffic compared to constant riding on large A roads.
WhiteNoise - I'll try and get a scan of my contents page as the addendum is much more than a few pages of 'corrections', although I wonder why there is a need for such a comprehensive follow-on.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Braking in the scooter, 50% of road use and 50% city commuting, I'm getting between 141 and 128 British mpg, but I have only driven about 50 miles... In some weeks I'll update my mileage, as if it was like that, it would be "too good to be true"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

I've found the built-in mpg readout to be very accurate on the new PCX once it settles down from fill-up to getting near single bar - unlike that on the Forza. Another issue the Forza seems to have :)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks for the information! If I have to wait until I see a single bar to get an accurate readout, then I will update the figure in a looong time, as we all know that the mileage is really good!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Just ordered the main shop manual for the new UK edition - same price as the 100 page addendum, £35. Dealer advises me the correct 2014 shop manual is code 62KWN50 (not 62KWN500 as is referred to in the addendum!, which itself is p/n/ 62KWN50Z). Hope the dealer is right and Honda had a type in the supplement.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks for the updated information! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

iceman wrote:Just ordered the main shop manual for the new UK edition - same price as the 100 page addendum, £35. Dealer advises me the correct 2014 shop manual is code 62KWN50 (not 62KWN500 as is referred to in the addendum!, which itself is p/n/ 62KWN50Z). Hope the dealer is right and Honda had a type in the supplement.
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey iceman, here's mine. The p/n is 61KZY01 for the complete 2013-2015 Honda Service Manual PCX 150 (U.S. Printed 2014).
Just one question, Iceman and/or Whitenoise: Could you do me a favor to help me with a removal procedure of the front grille in our new PCX model?

I ask you because I have tried to remove the original windshield, following the how-to here in the forum, and several videos in YouTube, and I have found out that Honda has changed the interior design of the front grille, adding one more tab, and relocating the old one, and after several attempts, I have decided to wait until I can have a look at the instructions provided in the new manual, as I'm really afraid of breaking the tabs...

I have tried to dissasemble it with my plastic removal tools, and I haven't been able to accomplish it following the regular procedure that works flawlessly in the older models... :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is how it is dissasembled in the older models:
Front grille removal.jpg
Front grille removal.jpg (78.48 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
And here there is a picture of a forum user (I don't remember his nickname) that had a little mishap with his brand new PCX, and in the picture that he took to show the damage, we can see the location of the new tabs:
front grille tabs.jpg
front grille tabs.jpg (204.24 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
If you could scan/take a picture of the new procedure, we all 2015 owners would be really grateful! ;)

Note: As soon as I'm able to install the windshield I will post pictures and a review of it, so that you all have more information about taller windhields :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Here's a poor pic of the new front grill removal - only have access at present to old phone with poor close-up. No access to scanner.
Attachments
PCX125_2105_Front_Grille.jpg
PCX125_2105_Front_Grille.jpg (164.81 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Perfect!! I think that it will be enough and it was a good idea to wait until I read what you have posted, as I see that before releasing the "hooks" I have to release the "snap fit clips" :D :D :D :D

I will report back as soon as I'm able to continue the process! ;)

Thanks again to both you and Whitenoise for your invaluable help ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry pcxpower I was out a lot this weekend :P spending money. Shhh.....(cabinet for 50" tv) Shhh...

I see iceman came to the rescue! Cool dude 8) I also took some quick pics this morning (one is a bonus).
I'm anxious to see your properly fitted 2015 screen! :P
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (206.45 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (218.45 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Note: Previous year, 2013 is also shown in the above illustrations. Choose accordingly ;)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks a lot! As soon as I have some time I will try the process with the update information and I'm sure that I will be able to accomplish it without problems! ;)

And thanks for the "bonus" pic! :D

Thanks again, and stay tuned for the results!
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Just got the main shop manual, sadly it seems they ordered and sent me the PCX125-150 '12 version 62KWN50 (I have the latest 2015 125/150 UK ammendment 62KWN50Z). Not sure if they should have sent 62KWN500 as given in the supplement, but they said that did not exist!

I imagine there was a 2013 version of the shop manual, or did that come as the 2012 with amendment? (before the 2014/5 models).

What also seems odd, is that in this 2012 125/150 manual, it says to get to and adjust the valves you only need to remove the side cover, radiator cover, cylinder head cover, three bolts and left crankcase cover duct - getting to the cylinder head cover seems so easy - this can't be right can it? Page 3-6 of the manual.