Shut down while riding now won't accelerate.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Shut down while riding now won't accelerate.

Post by logepoge1 »

Yeah get the ngk. I just replaced the cheap autozone spark plugs in my trailblazer with the ac delco and saw 4mpg increase. Which for that the oem is twice as much but just stick with ngk on scooter
ImageImage
Roadrash1950
Year: 2012
Color: burgandy

Post by Roadrash1950 »

i have a2013 honda PCX 150 starts and runs great untll it warms up it seems to run up to 40mph then it starts this surging BS neck snapping surging if can go over 40 it does OK but i f i stop at a a sign or light it stats surging found 2 things low on water and really nasty air filter waiting on my new filter ive read everthing on this forum still havint found a definative answer this is more common than i thought and honda kept a scooter for 2 months not buying another honda ill stick with my lance cabo 150 with 30K on it
Red Thunder
Year: 2011
Color: red

Post by Red Thunder »

I would test the coil . It may be fine when it's cold but when it heats up that when it starts to fail. If you are able to have someone follow you on a test ride in case the bike quits, but take the tools to pull the plug when its hot and check for a consistent spark, your trying to start and it is sparking consistently. And take a multi meter and check for voltage when it's hot and acting up. Obviously get a cold reading to compare.
That is where I would start, and then make sure you have fuel and air ( it's running so you do ) but take some starting fluid in a spray can and when it gets hot and is acting up , pull over and put it on the center stand and spray the starting fluid ( just a squirt ) to see if it smooths out and runs better.That will help narrow it down if there is a fuel problem. It could be a dirty filter in the tank that is clogged and when the tank is low on fuel it may restrict flow. The starting fluid should rule out an injector issue.
I would say it's the coil because i've had this happen several times over the years on multiple bikes and vehicles.