PCX 300...?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX 300...?

Post by Cascanciu »

gn2 wrote:Honda France have already announced that it wil be between €5000 and €5500 in France.
If it gets pitched at the same price as the X10 it simply will not sell.
So, would it be correct to assume that the 5500€ will be for the ABS equipped model?. Then it would start to become interesting.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

AFAIK there will only be an ABS model.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

gn2 wrote:AFAIK there will only be an ABS model.
Don't know in the rest of the old continent, but here, it looks like there will be an ABS equipped model, and another one without it. Just for what I've read on the net.

I'm also looking at more capable alternatives for the future. So far the PCX suits my needs, but I would be happier with something that would be motorway capable, more storage, better wind protection, etc...

Burgman 400, Maxsym 400, Downtown 300, Joymax 300... I like all those, for different reasons. But the other day I got a backseat ride on a Yamaha Majesty 400 and loved it. The owner is quite happy with her. In fact, among all those, I suspect I'll end up buying the unit I find in best shape and at the more interesting price, since I'll buy second hand.

Yes, the X10 350 is also on the list :lol: ;) .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If you're going second hand then you can add the Piaggio X9/Xevo 400 to the shortlist.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

gn2 wrote:If you're going second hand then you can add the Piaggio X9/Xevo 400 to the shortlist.
Quite true. Forgot that one. And perhaps the Peugeot Satelis 400, which, if I'm not mistaken, uses a Piaggio engine.

Right now I'm trying to find out if those two had the ABS option available. It's a feature I wouldn't mind to have in the future, particularly if I eventually go Maxi.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Satelis comes in 250 or 500 and there are ABS options.
Don't think there was an ABS X9 or Xevo.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

gn2 wrote:Satelis comes in 250 or 500 and there are ABS options.
Don't think there was an ABS X9 or Xevo.
Affirm, looks like there is no ABS option on the X9, however...

http://www.peugeotscooters.es/ficha-sco ... telis/400/

Satelis 400 sold here. It's interesting to see how different the available models can be in one or another market, even inside the EU.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Yes, there's a lot of variation.
For example the UK Peugeot importer is now only bringing in 125s.
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

The new Honda Forza 300 scooter is out now in Thailand. The price is around 159 000 Baht (3975 Euro). The Forza 300 has the same engine (279cc) as the SH300. It should be capable of 130 km/h speed (140 indicated). It's heavy (192 kg) but the seat hight is super low (71.6 cm).

"The Grand Voyage" --> http://www.forzagrandvoyage.com/01-home/index.html
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The engine has some small changes from the SH giving less peak power.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Recently been announced by Honda UK that the Forza will go on sale here for £4499 in July.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Found a link to the Forza owner's manual: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwmYWlz ... edit?pli=1

Service interval is 8,000 miles with valve clearance and belt change both at 16,000 mile intervals.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Brilliant on the service intervals. Wish they had included idle stop though! Is the PCX the only bike or scooter with idle stop? Wonder why Honda is not bringing it out for other models and if its because of the N American dislike of idle stop?
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Taz wrote:Is the PCX the only bike or scooter with idle stop? Wonder why Honda is not bringing it out for other models...
--------
No, it isn't and yes, they are bringing the idling stop technology to other models. The new 2013 SH 125 and 150 have it. And the new Honda Lead 125 features it as well. All these models share the same eSP engine with the PCX.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! I'm impressed!! Without doing my research (naughty me) are there any other comparable scoots that have service intervals like the Forza? Very attractive indeed. Thanks for the link gn2 :)
Still a tad pricey for my pocket, heavy too....but one n e v e r knows, anything can happen :D
But wait..... No White for U.S. :( O.k., will see/sit/ride a red
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The Piaggio X10 350 needs oil changes at 6000 miles, new drive belt at 12000 miles and valve clearance check at 24000 miles (but it uses shims)

http://www.piaggiox10.co.uk/service-info.html