back rest

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

roneyeam

back rest

Post by roneyeam »

back rest i fitted to the seat using the seat bump attachment holes
Attachments
photo (4).JPG
photo (4).JPG (33.36 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
photo (3).JPG
photo (3).JPG (37.86 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
photo (6).JPG
photo (6).JPG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: back rest

Post by Indyglow »

What kind of backrest is it? How does it feel when you are riding? Is it sturdy enough to attach a bag to it for extra storage?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, please tell us more :D how tall are you, backrest measurements, materials used...maybe a "how to" to get her done? Thanks ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

And how do you get on the bike? As I'm an old motorbiker I flick my leg over the back of the seat. Couldnt do that with that rest there!
roneyeam

Post by roneyeam »

im 5'8" it is the backrest from a shcwin stationary bike that i had pulled out of the garbage
i removed the seat bump from my seat and utilized the holes to attach the backrest
i used some carpenters hurricane clips for roofing that i modified to work as "L" brackets i had been looking every where for a drivers backrest and found nothing that was good so
i made this it feels great when i ride it has a slight lean forward when not sitting on the bike but when you get on it it supports my back very well it also has an adjustable lumbar support that is great for long rides
roneyeam

Post by roneyeam »

i do have to step through the center of the bike but it doesnt bother me
roneyeam

Post by roneyeam »

oh and yes it will hold a bag or box behind it it has a built in pocket on the back of it but its about the same size as a laptop so not very big
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Bag or laptop holding is handy! How about if you have a pillion, can they hang onto it. Are they allowed to sit backwards and also use it as a backrest? :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oops! A Lightbulb just went on :ugeek:
roneyeam, your home-made back rest just now reminded me. I had emailed a gentlemen at Utopia a year or so ago asking if they could make a driver's back rest for the new 2011 Honda PCX. I looked for that email, I must have foolishly deleted it, damn. However, I recall sending him a photo of the PCX & him saying that he never made a PCX back rest. He added that if I ship him mine and if it were possible, he'd make one for me.
This may be a great solution to a pain in the arse back problem OR just bring more comfort.....Period
Take a look at their website, lots of pics and info here:
http://www.utpr.com

Double Oops!! thanks for the answers to my questions and for your clever mod. If it works for you, that's all that matters ;) Nice job
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
roneyeam

Post by roneyeam »

WhiteNoise, that site is awesome i think the backrest on the new silver wing could proly be modified to fit the pcx
thanx it dose work well for me.
i really enjoy repurposeing junk into useful things this is one of my best "freecycles" yet
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

For the sake of balance I'd like to point out that I've got a beer belly. Small one, granted :)

So why has no-one come up with a front rest?

Be ashamed

I'm off for a pint
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

I wonder if, after a while, leaning against such a tall backrest would weaken the plastic where it attaches and cause the seat plastic to crack. Maybe that is why Honda put such a tiny backrest on to begin with. Please keep us informed as to how this backrest holds up over time.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ roneyeam, is that a concern? Do you feel confident about it's _________hmm, what's the word I'm looking for? I just went blank :oops: