Taking your test. Or not.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fran
Year: 2014
Color: White

Re: Taking your test. Or not.

Post by Fran »

Or how about this, now if I just had a spare £28,000 lying around...
Attachments
2016-Harley-Davidson-Trike-Tri-Glide-Ultra3.jpg
2016-Harley-Davidson-Trike-Tri-Glide-Ultra3.jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 688 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

That looks just like a Harley only much worse, which is some achievement.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Matt Black

Post by Geoffers »

gn2 wrote:That looks just like a Harley only much worse, which is some achievement.
HA! Where's the like button?

I like the look of trikes more than I like riding them. I've never gotten used to the fact that they don't lean.
Fran
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Fran »

Yeah, think I'll stick to two wheels. I had a couple of hours on a geared 125 recently. Didn't like it much. Took some getting used to, well, I never really got used to it, I would need a lot more practice. Was glad I tried it anyway. So I'll probably stick with the PCX which means doing the test is a bit of an optional extra. Maybe I'll just put up with the plates, I never have to carry a passenger or go on a motorway.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Geared 125's are no fun in my opinion. You never done changing gears. I've recently passed my direct access after 5 years on a PCX and I can say it's worthwhile. It's not cheap though but the benefits are that no more cbt and it makes you a better rider really.
You could do a A2 on a bigger scooter but it's a bit harder to find a riding school with a big scooter to do this on. There's some schools now with NC700 DCT bikes that are auto but your stuck on an auto after that.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I was on fence about doing my test and getting a bigger bike, but fell in love with the KTM Duke 390, lessons booked, and theory being done asap.
aka DrewJW
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Yamaha mt321 much better.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Fran, my wife loves that Trike! She says that if we have to travel any distance she wants to do it on one of those. We have seen Harleys, Hondas, and Suzuki Burgman 650s that have been tried. We even saw one of the other Japanese makes that was a trike. She loves them all. She says she can take the dogs if we get a couple of those. That should break my bank. :-/
When we go riding, which we can't right now because she is still healing, we always bump into at least one group of riders that has a trike or two in the mix. Many times it is the women who are doing the driving, but not always. I know they steer different than a 2 wheeled bike. We had some trike bicycles at work that were used for carrying misc. packages. We had a lot of fun on them. Also, when I was in the service we had some on the flight line that we used when doing maintenance.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers