New PCX owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GrumpyThings
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

New PCX owner

Post by GrumpyThings »

Hello, All,

Though it might seem strange, I just sold my ZX-12R Ninja and Harley FXSTC Softail and downgraded to a 2019 Honda PCX150. This was not planned. But when I saw it in the dealership I just wanted to take it home. So I bought it and picked it up today. I have had scooters before, but nothing as fancy as this one. Looking forward to learning more about it and getting to ride. By the way, I still own my Honda CBR500r so I know Hondas are pretty solid. :D

Thanks,

Grumpy Things
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New PCX owner

Post by WhiteNoise »

Did you hear music? Singing? Like a "Siren" (Greek Mythology) She Lured you in! Haha!
We All Get That! But no harm will come, it's just a myth ;)
Congrats and welcome to our forum(s)!
Isn't it sweet to turn a key and throttle off? No clutch, no shifting, just rolling along? What a difference heh? Good on you grumpy! Enjoy Your new family member 8) Bliss!

Edit: Oops, forget. Please do us all a favor and add your location to your profile. It helps us to help each other while answering questions, etc (now or in the future). We come from all over the globe and our scoots are a bit different. Location helps us provide more accurate answers.
Easy, just follow my easy directions below vv
We all Thank you!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a new PCX. They are incredible bikes. The future is here. Don't skip on valve adjustment, at least the initial one.

Also, change oil early. I found metal shavings in the oil when changed it at 140 miles since new.

Post a picture of your PCX :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Hah! Having started out on a scooter, upgraded to a 750 (still had the scooter too), found after four years of riding I like the smaller bikes. Sold the 750, and four years ago sold the kymco 150, and purchased my PCX.

Small bikes are just more fun.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)