Saving Wales.....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Saving Wales.....

Post by fish »

Doing my part in saving Wales* and promoting whirled pees by running one of these little Iridium beauties in all my scooters!

Fish is a long time fan of Dylan Thomas*
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Saving Wales.....

Post by you you »

.........?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Spark plug??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Nice having easy access to the front of that motor on the Liberty. How many screws to remove the cover. . .just 3?

Or is it a snap fit?

On my Zuma it's 3.

I can easily remove the spark plug for gap check or replacement. I just keep a new stock one on standby when the need arises . . . NGK CR7E. One of these days I'm going to have to compare the leftover plug from my PCX with it. I'm thinking it may be very similar.
100_5273a.jpg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

PCX spark plug: CPR7EA-9 (NGK)

There might be some difference between the two plugs.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

4 screws and then it pops off.

Remove the valve cover and....

your scoot looks even better to service!
Kymco LIKE200i is easy, too!

The $7.99 Official Piaggio pdf manual in color is ……..a typical small Italian adventure - but do~able. (pretty much) (sort of) (it IS all there - just behind some EyeTalian thinking) Get a cup of coffee and a lawn chair. Stare at things for a bit (nearly took up smoking again) It all makes a certain kind of Italian sense. Sort of....

Hardest bit to service was getting off the small toss away lower panel for the side-stand installation. Did not connect the start/sidestand lock out switch. Fewer electrical things that can fail on a cold winter day - the better.
Regardless, love the thing!
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Remove the valve cover and....
I have to say that ease of maintenance is a big plus for those who take care of their own machines in lieu of paying a professional mechanic to do it. :D

There are those jobs that require special tools but are more the exception than the rule I think. Your Like and Liberty were a good value when it comes to DIY. ;)

If I may I'd like to digress a bit here . . .. :|

As I've mentioned before, I'm in the process of deciding which direction to go in on my next scoot. So far the XMax looks really good considering no new Forza will be available anytime soon but the extra features of ABS, Traction Control, and the fancy display modules and keyless ignition and so forth concern me as to how well they will hold up in the long run. I've seen in cars where ABS will crap out after a number of years due to contact corrosion or pumps failing. The brakes will still work though . . . just no ABS. I ask myself is it really worth the extra money for something that's just going to leave you at square one eventually anyhow. As far as Traction Control I can see it's usefulness . . . especially in Moto GP Racing . . . where appropriate power delivery to the rear wheel is of the utmost importance but I don't plan on doing that kind of racing with that kind of machine and engine horsepower. o_O

Salt air, industrial pollutants, and humidity can also effect micro circuitry. I remember back in the '80s the "word on buying used" was to be "Never buy a car that was owned by a smoker because the acids from the smoke effect the electronics". :?

One other thing to consider is heated garage vs non-heated garage. Sometimes when the thermometer drops into the sub-zero range it makes me wonder what it does to LCD displays over an extended time and multiple Winters. They will get sluggish until they warm up . . .. Extreme cold just can't be a good thing for them. :roll:

The SMax still gets a lot of the boxes checked for what it offers in my view compared to it's bigger brother. It's less sophisticated yet high tech, easy to work on, $2K cheaper, and will do over 70 MPH with ease for mile after mile. It's main issue though is the seat. It's comfortable if it fits being more like a "King and Queen" seat. That said it is rated to carry 353 lbs. . . . just 2 lbs. less than the XMax. It lacks ABS yet the brakes are excellent and although it doesn't offer LED headlamps the high beam is rather good and quite acceptable. Plus if the bulb burns out it's an economical fix. The XMax LED headlight is an expensive replacement item costing hundreds of dollars if it ever fails. Check out Gator's videos on the night ride . . .. 8)

I still find that new Like 150i a temptation because it can be had for less than $3k and it's predecessor the Like 200i about $100 cheaper. If the seat on the Like 200i was better I would have bought one a long time ago. That hidden hump really turned away a lot of potential buyers IMHO. But you took care of that problem with a rebuild. Still runs great right? Any problem getting parts for it? Any problems with turn signal interference on sharp turns? Does it get to 70 MPH? :geek:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I still find that new Like 150i a temptation because it can be had for less than $3k and it's predecessor the Like 200i about $100 cheaper. If the seat on the Like 200i was better I would have bought one a long time ago. That hidden hump really turned away a lot of potential buyers IMHO. But you took care of that problem with a rebuild. Still runs great right? Any problem getting parts for it? Any problems with turn signal interference on sharp turns? Does it get to 70 MPH?

A small % of LIKE200i's built in 2012 eventually revealed a faulty TPS - it was not found in other years - nor did it ever leave a rider stranded. Caused a stumble at a certain cruise speed - while Starts, Idle, WOT were totally unaffected. Part was replaced under Kymco's 2 yr warranty.

6 years with mine now, 14,700 miles. Instant EFI starts on coldest and hottest days. Amazing brakes. Good plastics. Replaced fluids, a tire, a spark plug, a belt & Dr P's, added Michelins.

Pads, airfilter, bulbs, clutch etc. seem to be good until the Rapture. I love the aircooled, brakes, EFI, my rebuilt seat, big tail light, lighted Bestem box.
It will pass through 70mph if driven over a cliff - otherwise I stay off roads needing a cruise of 65mph. Can't do it. 163cc but 2-valve, air/cooled and seems quite under-stressed. Easy to service!

Turn signals? Never given them a thought.
Should be able to pick up a low priced left-over model now that the run is finished.

Kymcopartsmonster.com has everything we've ever needed, for years.

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

But does it pour you a cup of coffee on those cold mornings? Why, no, it does not. That means that you are FORCED to get on your scooter and RIDE...to your favorite coffee stop. Oh dear, what are we to do?...oh dear, oh dear. :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150