"Give Forward"

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

"Give Forward"

Post by fish »

Amusing incident when we were in our coffee village the other evening....having a coffee in Dinos and enjoying the Xmas lights with the locals.

The village has an over-the-road banner encouraging folks to "Give Forward".

As we were standing in line at the local grocers I overheard the fellow in front of us tell the cashier that he seemed to have misplaced his wallet. I stepped forward and explained that I would pay for his items.
The cashier smiled and accepted my $ as I remarked that I was just doing as the banner suggested.

A few minutes later, across the street, my wife laughed and told me that the same fellow had just popped out of another store carrying a big bottle of wine!

No scooters around....

Fish

Lost track of how many 'timed' photos were spoiled by these UPS guys!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: "Give Forward"

Post by easyrider »

How about "Give Back"
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Good for you fish. If nothing else, you likely felt good about it .... until you talked to your wife. ;)

I hold to the old adage that it is better to give than to receive. I do it often when I go through the drive-thru at the coffee shop. I pay for the person behind me. I tell the cashier to simply tell them to have a happy day. By the time the person finds out that their order has been paid for, I am long gone. There is no need for thanks. I just feel good doing it and that is reward enough.

One time I pulled up to the drive-thru window and the cashier said that the person behind me was paying. I looked in my rear view mirror and we gave each other a wave. I think what happened is that I had a personalized license plate at the time. The numbers and letters represented my favorite sports team that is from another city so it is easily recognizable. I think I had paid for his order previously, so when he ended up behind me again, I am assuming that it was payback time.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We did that once at a drive thru coffee shop, and there was a whole line that followed that same thing. I don't know at what point it ended but we had a friend who worked there at the time tell us that it lasted for a hour before a grinch took their coffee and drove off without even a thank you to the workers.
Too bad there had to be someone who spoiled it. They were in line for coffee, not a car! Heck, once it started you are just paying for the next person's coffee instead of your own.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers