cheeky seats

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

neb4152
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

cheeky seats

Post by neb4152 »

I know it's probably been discussed here a lot. Just got mine today after 3 years of shopping for affordable seat alternatives that would allow my 6ft frame to sit comfortably. Take off the hump, cover the holes left. Wrinkles and loose spots will go away over time. Only been on about an hour. Haven't ridden yet. Like it. A definitely needed upgrade. Here's the link:
Suzy from https://scooterseatcovers.net - says they make covers for newer models too.
Attachments
20180624_121045.jpg
20180624_121045.jpg (275.49 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
tjupille
Color: red

Re: cheeky seats

Post by tjupille »

I've had mine on since I got the scoot last summer. It took a week or so for the wrinkles to come out. I love the cover, but find that I can still feel the "hump" mounts. It's not bad, and it actually gives me a reference point on how far back to sit, but it's definitely there. I'm toying with the idea of dremelling the bumps out and riveting in a couple of pieces of aluminum to give a hump-free profile (and maybe add a piece of memory foam in there to fill it out somewhat), but for now it's fine.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

I have the same one, but with red stitching. Looks good with a black bike. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers ya'll! Very nice covers!
Suzy's nice to work with, she aims to please. She delivers a great hand made product. Vespa riders have been using her covers for years, and have been very satisfied.

I replaced my seat with an aftermarket one because Suzy had not figured out how to make a cover for my model year - Yet. We kept in touch anyway. Glad She has it sorted now. A women of her word ;)

I fixed the link to her website above in the Op's post. Certainly worth a look

@ neb4152, please post back with your ride experience. Pros. Cons (if any). Thanks!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
neb4152
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by neb4152 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Cheers ya'll! Very nice covers!
Suzy's nice to work with, she aims to please. She delivers a great hand made product. Vespa riders have been using her covers for years, and have been very satisfied.

I replaced my seat with an aftermarket one because Suzy had not figured out how to make a cover for my model year - Yet. We kept in touch anyway. Glad She has it sorted now. A women of her word ;)

I fixed the link to her website above in the Op's post. Certainly worth a look

@ neb4152, please post back with your ride experience. Pros. Cons (if any). Thanks!
I like it. looks better. I can sit a little further back and have room to stretch my legs on longer rides. Still there isn't much padding over the former hump mounting points even though it is the padded seat cover. The padding she used in the baffles isn't very dense. But I don't sit that far back. And if I try to it shifts the weight balance too high and too far back for my comfort. Seems to hold up to the blistering sun and heavy rains here in Arkansas USA currently. The stitching isn't completely waterproof but it doesn't absorb like a sponge. My only complaint is the elastic string used to cinch it onto the original seat. Mine was a little short and the elasticity of it pulls most of it back into the seat. So I tied a knot...and untying that knot is near impossible. but it stays where it should so that is good. Overall though i'm happy with it. good quality product and an easy fix for the hump.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

tjupille wrote:I've had mine on since I got the scoot last summer. It took a week or so for the wrinkles to come out. I love the cover, but find that I can still feel the "hump" mounts. It's not bad, and it actually gives me a reference point on how far back to sit, but it's definitely there. I'm toying with the idea of dremelling the bumps out and riveting in a couple of pieces of aluminum to give a hump-free profile (and maybe add a piece of memory foam in there to fill it out somewhat), but for now it's fine.
Like this?
The full seat story and pics are in "Takegawa shocks-280MM" post under 'Accessories'
I know it's in the wrong place but can't move it now. Should have been in 'How to'
Attachments
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG (67.38 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
IMG_0682.jpg
IMG_0682.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
speerman84
Color: Red

Post by speerman84 »

I just got mine and I love it!
To deal with the hump stocks, I stuffed the seat with some quilt batting between the two bolt holes and then affixed some cutout cardboard on top by looping a thin nylon cord through the cardboard in the bolt holes and tying it off under the seat. After the cover was installed, it looks and feels great.