Installed new tires and riding the BRP.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Installed new tires and riding the BRP.

Post by markcap »

Reading that I could increase tire size....having read mostly every post I could find.

I bought the City Grips 140/70 & 120/70. Using Homie's YouTube video to slightly move the air box. Having the 2016 model, I wasn't able to mount the right side of the mud fender. Rather I installed an M-6x35mm using it as a rest with a nut to lock the M-6 screw in place. Hopefully no issues. The front tire is very close to the fender even slightly rubbing when performing figure 8's.

I'm trailering my PCX to Culpepper, VA later this week. From there I am scooting to TN via Blue Ridge Parkway and hopefully Deals Gap, TN looking to ride the dragon before heading back north.

Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Re: Installed new tires and riding the BRP.

Post by Greenmeenie »

Cool! I just took the MSF course here in NYC, and the instructor told us about the "Dragon" in TN. Said there are like what? 200 plus turns in like a really short stretch. Sounds fun!
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Installed new tires and riding the BRP.

Post by BobS »

Mark - did the Dragon years ago by this route. The BRP ends in NC at the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. We cut thru the park on 441, then took 321 west to the Foothills Parkway to get to 129 (the Dragon) in TN, then rode it back to NC.

We stayed in Asheville NC, and this loop was a full day of riding.

DON'T do the Dragon on the weekends. Too many sport bikers that just do it back and forth all day. You will be passed enough midweek.

At the major curves, there are photographers that just sit there and take pictures of every vehicle going by. Make a note of the time you passed them and check out your picture on their websites - order copies if you like.

318 curves in 11 miles.