New owner 11' PCX125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pumps
Year: 2013
Color: Red

New owner 11' PCX125

Post by pumps »

Hello!
So I have been wanting some kind of scooter for a while to play around with . i looked at lots of step through styled Vespas , Genuines, Aprilia , Vinos, but just couldn't find the right one. On my local Craigslist I would search and finally a couple of them were listed . A 15' 150 and the 11' 125. I ended up getting the 11' with about 175 miles on it. It has some body panel damage on the right side that will need to be addressed but I THINK I can handle it. I've got several vintage jap bikes and I'm a fair wrench. Last night I ordered the service manual so it's on it's way. When I first went to look at it the owner's grandson had the owners manual out but when I returned a week later the seller couldn't find it. She's going to find it and send it.
I think everything works on it so far but there are two things I haven't figured out. When I put fresh fuel in it the graphic for the fuel level was flashing. After I had ridden it and I think turned it off and on once or twice that stopped. The other thing I haven't figured out is the park brake. It's a knob you pull out down by your left knee with a button but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've downloaded an owner's manual but it refers to a park brake up by the left lever. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture. My pic is too big. I bought the white one.
http://imgur.com/p2i46AG
My other rides are a 67 Honda CA160
1975 & 1979 Honda CT90 Trail 90s
2000 Kawasaki W650
In Kansas City , Missouri.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: New owner 11' PCX125

Post by GeorgeSK »

Congratulations! Very short milage - you probably should change all the fluids. Don't worry about the parking brake - it is pretty much useless IMHO. The repair manual will be an excellent guide to removing the plastics. So will this link: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2630

Since it is a 125, it may be early enough that you should be careful about using the center stand. The hole holding the axle is a weak casting - if it stress cracks, you have a major problem. Do a search here to find out more, or maybe somebody will remember the assorted posts onthe topic and link to them for you.

Fuel gauge is pretty much decorative as well. Use the trip odo, and fill up around 100 miles.

Plenty of tools to resize pictures - I like Pixreizer, but it is a windows program. Despite the webisite's claim, it works fine in Window 10. https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

I think there is also away in html for you to embed a link to your picture hosted elsewhere, but that is above my paygrade.

Welcome aboard.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: New owner 11' PCX125

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hello!
So I have been wanting some kind of scooter for a while to play around with . i looked at lots of step through styled Vespas , Genuines, Aprilia , Vinos, but just couldn't find the right one. On my local Craigslist I would search and finally a couple of them were listed . A 15' 150 and the 11' 125. I ended up getting the 11' with about 175 miles on it.
Congrats on your new PCX! Sounds like it was a great find after all your research. I'm still looking forward to the day I get mine as well. Summer can't arrive soon enough. :geek:
Congratulations! Very short milage - you probably should change all the fluids. Don't worry about the parking brake - it is pretty much useless IMHO. The repair manual will be an excellent guide to removing the plastics. So will this link:
I haven't been on this forum that long and just when I thought I knew everything. . .a new link appears to a thread I had no idea existed. I've seen the videos but the pic by pic explanation of the tupperware disassembly augments them perfectly. A very useful tool to have when valves need to be adjusted etc. . .. ;)