If anyone can answer this, it's probably you guys!!!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Funky Amz

If anyone can answer this, it's probably you guys!!!

Post by Funky Amz »

Hello everyone!

I joined this forum just to ask the following question....:

Do your honda PCXs (125i) 2012, shake during acceleration???
My one does! I've had it for about 2 months, has about 1400km on it, and been through the 1st service, where i TOLD THEM that it's shaking and they said they removed a part and did something to it (don't ask me what) and still the same!

When i open throttle from idle, the whole front shakes till i hit about 7-10kph...after that it's smooth! I can't remember if this was the same thing from the get go, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't!

Can someone please help me out??? The only accessory i have is the 35lt back lugguage thingy! Haven't done any modifications, haven't had an accident, i ride in a "normal" manner, meaning i don't open full throttle from idle unless i have too, i don't brake last second, just normal!

I REALLY hope anyone can give me some input here!

Thanks a bunch in advance and hope to hear from you all soon!
Funky
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Re: If anyone can answer this, it's probably you guys!!!

Post by figurehead71 »

Had my eSP PCX 125 5 weeks now, cannot say I have had any problem with any shaking, very smooth.

Seeing you have already taken it to the dealer, explained and they have "removed a part and did something" this suggests they at least have acknowledged a shaking problem themselves.

I would return to the dealer and tell them the problem still exists.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, I am sure others will confirm that this is not normal.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

What you are experiencing sounds like it could be a couple of things:
1. Vibration from the CVT/clutch.
Mine does this worst when accelerating gently from walking pace in slow moving traffic.
The easiest cure is to nail the throttle open and give it a damn good thrashing.
2. Incorrectly set up steering head bearings or forks.
Take it to the dealer and get them to check it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

cant say i have noticed any shake on mine, quite smooth though sometimes i can hear/feel a slight clunk when the engine idle kicks in or stop lol

definitely take it back to the dealer and get them to test ride it, if its that bad i'm sure they'll put it right.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

gn2 wrote:What you are experiencing sounds like it could be a couple of things:
1. Vibration from the CVT/clutch.
Mine does this worst when accelerating gently from walking pace in slow moving traffic.
The easiest cure is to nail the throttle open and give it a damn good thrashing.
So does mine. It's normal... I usually get it from 1mph-5mph.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

Mine does this, but only when the engine is cold.

If I let it idle a bit in the cool mornings we've had lately (usually it only takes as long as I need to put on my helmet and gloves and roll unpowered out of my parking spot) then by the time I need to accelerate the vibrations are minimal or gone. As it gets colder I'm expecting to need more time.
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

maddiedog wrote: So does mine. It's normal... I usually get it from 1mph-5mph.
I have the same experience with my 150. and a friend of mine with his. The effect showed up first time after about 1500 km, and is most noticeable before warm-up of the bike. I talked to Honda about it and they confirmed this to be normal and no reason to worry.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)