Scootin' in an Amish Paradise

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Scootin' in an Amish Paradise

Post by honkerman »

Someone asked how the PCX does in the heat. I took mine around Lancaster Amish country yesterday, about a three hour ride all told. It didn't skip a beat.

Blog post here:

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2016/07 ... video.html

Direct link to Video here:

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Scootin' in an Amish Paradise

Post by homie »

Attachments
amish.jpg
amish.jpg (113.36 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

HAH! You made me snort!
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

It's neat to see those buggies running around.

Here's another good Amish vid :D

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

My homies agree I really look good in black, Fool!

hah. I love that song. Weird Al is my hero...

I have no life.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

Beat me to it, Greg...
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:My homies agree I really look good in black, Fool!

hah. I love that song. Weird Al is my hero...

I have no life.

It is funny.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yankovic got spooked after that particular parody because you don't mess with some of these brothers. His unique ability to mimic other musicians and not pay royalty getting away with it because it was so funny. (perhaps you think i'm a clown) was the undertone from Coolio and Yankovic did some apologizing and dropped off the stage for a good while.

I'll post this tribute for the original Gangster Paradise so's his posse don't show up here with they tin in they hand :D

flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Nice country.

Names are important--think how different your life would have been if your parents had named you Napoleon. or Archimedes, or even something as lusterless as Adolph. Names of towns are important too.I was born in Chicago and this fact has marked my psyche. I feel differently about myself because of it--even though I have only lived in that big city three or four years of my fairly long life. I mean, I come from Chicago. Maybe you should be a little careful around me. No?

I wonder what it would be like to be born in Paradise? Or better yet, in Intercourse? You could do worse.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

flyingzonker wrote:Nice country.

Names are important--think how different your life would have been if your parents had named you Napoleon. or Archimedes, or even something as lusterless as Adolph. Names of towns are important too.I was born in Chicago and this fact has marked my psyche. I feel differently about myself because of it--even though I have only lived in that big city three or four years of my fairly long life. I mean, I come from Chicago. Maybe you should be a little careful around me. No?

I wonder what it would be like to be born in Paradise? Or better yet, in Intercourse? You could do worse.

:D . I live next to Bedlam.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Just a guess, but I suspect intercourse had a fair amount to do with my birth... 8) :lol: :lol:
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

I knew a foreign-exchange student (or more accurately, he was here on a foreign student visa) when I was an undergrad back in the 80s at Georgia Southern.

Bjorn Halversson. From Hell, Norway.

He used to say that for half the year, Hell really does freeze over. He always told us that if we ever came to visit, everyone would say "Welcome to Hell!" and mean it. You couldn't tell him to "go to Hell" because he would smile and say, "I'm already from there!"

Personally, Intercourse doesn't sound that bad, but it may just be me. :lol:
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Ishkabibble wrote: Personally, Intercourse doesn't sound that bad, but it may just be me. :lol:

As good as it sounds,there might be complications with being from such a place. Suppose you're a young guy; you go off to college and meet some girl. Before you break the news to her, she introduces you to her visiting parents, who ask you where you're from. What happens when you say: I'm from Intercourse?
They look at you in a way that lets you know that you have just begotten for yourself a problem.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

flyingzonker wrote:
Ishkabibble wrote: Personally, Intercourse doesn't sound that bad, but it may just be me. :lol:

As good as it sounds,there might be complications with being from such a place. Suppose you're a young guy; you go off to college and meet some girl. Before you break the news to her, she introduces you to her visiting parents, who ask you where you're from. What happens when you say: I'm from Intercourse?
They look at you in a way that lets you know that you have just begotten for yourself a problem.
But really, in the greater scheme, aren't we all from Intercourse... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:

Just a guess, but I suspect intercourse had a fair amount to do with my birth... 8) :lol: :lol:

Not mine.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:

Not mine.
Your kind reproduces by budding?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube