Hello All!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gagazman
Year: 2016
Color: PCX Black

Hello All!

Post by gagazman »

Hi all. Finally took the plunge and got a new black PCX125. Done 90 miles in 2 days and looking forward to my 3 day commute, 20 miles each way.
Living in the Lakes there are many hills and I have 2 major ones to climb on the way there and 2 on the way back, so looking forward to seeing how it performs on those. :D :? :D :? :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Hello All!

Post by honkerman »

Ooh! Black is best! Congratulations!

What lakes are you commuting around? (There are a few choices worldwide). Just a note, If you add your location to your profile, it will make such questions less needful.

I've found that the PCX is an excellent commuter. Mine does up to 70 miles some days. Keep up with maintenance, and you should have many trouble free miles, especially with that sort of mileage.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

gagazman wrote:Hi all. Finally took the plunge and got a new black PCX125. Done 90 miles in 2 days and looking forward to my 3 day commute, 20 miles each way.
Living in the Lakes there are many hills and I have 2 major ones to climb on the way there and 2 on the way back, so looking forward to seeing how it performs on those. :D :? :D :? :D
The PCX is a great little bike. Take care of it and it will make you a happy man.
Fugu
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by Fugu »

Welcome to the forum!
You will love the PCX :-) I've had mine for 2 months now, and already did near 2700 km.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another Happy PCX'er! Welcome aboard our forum(s) and congrats! :P
"Living in the Lakes".... with hills, hmm In the USA? The Great Lakes? I'm just guessing of course.
Help!!
Please please enter your location in your profile. We will then be able to Help You when you need us. I don't think any of us like to be misinformed when we ask a question (or 2, or 3, etc.).
I've some easy directions right below my post to get that done.

Other than that we're good to go and look forward to your report of climbing up n down those Lake Hills :P (It's flat around these parts of L.I. :| )
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome!

My guess is the lake district of northwest England.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gagazman

Post by gagazman »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome!

Yes, sorry guys :oops: ! I am in the North West UK and have changed my profile accordingly.

2 days in, commute wise, and the PCX is performing well. The hills are a blast to go up as well as down. :D

As for maintenance, I am no good and just a beginner when it comes to bikes, so will probably need to call on help if required ;)

Cheers for the welcome guys!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

gagazman wrote:
Yes, sorry guys :oops: ! I am in the North West UK and have changed my profile accordingly.....
Wow, Cumbria. Brings back memories, many good, some not so good. I lived in Barrow for almost 2 years during my mid-teens. Very challenging in my life because of family issues, but that aside, the people were wonderful and the countryside was beautiful. It is on my bucket list to bring my wife there.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

Expat from the NW here too.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

gagazman wrote:

Yes, sorry guys :oops: ! I am in the North West UK and have changed my profile accordingly.

2 days in, commute wise, and the PCX is performing well. The hills are a blast to go up as well as down. :D

As for maintenance, I am no good and just a beginner when it comes to bikes, so will probably need to call on help if required ;)

Cheers for the welcome guys!!
You need an aftermarket exhaust so the hills can be alive with the sound of tailpipes! :lol:

No shame in being a beginner mechanic. We all started out as beginners at one point or another.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

honkerman wrote:.... No shame in being a beginner mechanic. We all started out as beginners at one point or another.
And some of us (me) never got past that stage either. It is great to live in a place where labour (and many parts) is so affordable.
tinoc32b
Year: 2014

Post by tinoc32b »

its your pcx brand new? isn´t a little reckless to perform hills when your bike is brand new? at least the first miles ...
gagazman

Post by gagazman »

tinoc32b wrote:its your pcx brand new? isn´t a little reckless to perform hills when your bike is brand new? at least the first miles ...
I don't know, is it? I did wonder but I am taking it easy and am not a fast rider anyways. :?
gagazman

Post by gagazman »

kramnala58 wrote:
gagazman wrote:
Yes, sorry guys :oops: ! I am in the North West UK and have changed my profile accordingly.....
Wow, Cumbria. Brings back memories, many good, some not so good. I lived in Barrow for almost 2 years during my mid-teens. Very challenging in my life because of family issues, but that aside, the people were wonderful and the countryside was beautiful. It is on my bucket list to bring my wife there.

Barrow eh? I am in the north just outside of Wigton, near to Carlisle. I work in Keswick and have an 'interesting' and scenic commute where I see the fells AND the Solway Coast looking over to scotland. Just beautiful and my favourite view.
gagazman

Post by gagazman »

outlander wrote:Expat from the NW here too.

Wow! It's a small world!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gagazman wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:

Barrow eh? I am in the north just outside of Wigton, near to Carlisle. I work in Keswick and have an 'interesting' and scenic commute where I see the fells AND the Solway Coast looking over to scotland. Just beautiful and my favourite view.
barrow in Furness. Lovely place. I love Cumbria from childhood holidays. Nenthead would do me tbh.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

gagazman wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
gagazman wrote:Yes, sorry guys :oops: ! I am in the North West UK and have changed my profile accordingly.....
There used to be, and maybe still is, an annual Keswick to Barrow walk (40 miles - 64 kms), I did it while I was there. It was a little hard on the body, even at a young age. :(
gagazman

Post by gagazman »

Yes there is still one.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

gagazman wrote:Hi all. Finally took the plunge and got a new black PCX125. Done 90 miles in 2 days and looking forward to my 3 day commute, 20 miles each way.
WELCOME! break in is only 300 miles, you should be sailing over that any day. Consider your warranty demands at 600, make the decision to do it yourself or not. Take note there are better tires/tyres/terr's to be had for a more confident grip on your roads... and stay off the incident list below please :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:
WELCOME! break in is only 300 miles, you should be sailing over that any day. Consider your warranty demands at 600, make the decision to do it yourself or not. Take note there are better tires/tyres/terr's to be had for a more confident grip on your roads... and stay off the incident list below please :D
You forgot "tahrz"
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube