wiring a charging port

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

chet
Year: 2013
Color: red

wiring a charging port

Post by chet »

i would like to charge my cell phone when i am riding, if i wire it direct to the battery imight forget to take it off may drain the battery, any other way to wire it so when i shut off the key the charging shuts off too. do i have to get into a relay for this

Chet
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: wiring a charging port

Post by you you »

chet wrote:i would like to charge my cell phone when i am riding, if i wire it direct to the battery imight forget to take it off may drain the battery, any other way to wire it so when i shut off the key the charging shuts off too. do i have to get into a relay for this

Chet

No. Just pick up an ignition switched live near where you are mounting the charging point
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

I found a 5 port adapter for $8 at Kmart. I wired it in with an inline fuse and it works fine. It has a power switch on it so it can be deactivated.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Chet, :P you're not the first to ask about wiring up a 12v socket. I'm going to assume you live in the U.S. earlier models didn't come equipped with them. Forum(s) owner, maddiedog provided members with this "how to" on his previously owned 2011.

You may want to take a look here:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18

Favor
I will take advantage of this moment to ask You to please enter your location in your profile.
I don't really like guessing where folks reside while I'm trying to help them. I'm sure most members feel the same.
Why should you add it?
Worldwide our bikes differ.
Example: The 2011-2013 U.S. PCX have 4 exterior mounted turn signals. Across the pond, all turn signals are neatly imbedded.
Another: in the U.K., the PCX has the Start/Stop feature. The U.S. Does not have this feature.

Oh, and some folks have a 2014 PCX which is really a 2015 PCX in the United States. Go figure.

Point made. Enter your location by following my easy directions below. Sooo simple.
Thank you and I hope maddiedog's how to, helped you :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You