Need help with front shock upgrade selection

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bobbyjayy
Year: 2015
Color: White

Need help with front shock upgrade selection

Post by Bobbyjayy »

So far I have only found https://bikerzbits.com/yss-z-series-sho ... 5-150.html and I don't know what the difference between XL and XXL is. After reading much about the YSS shocks and how they make a world of difference for the ride, I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear shocks for my first upgrade. I notice a lot of sag during take off and even with the slightest bit of braking. Maybe just upgrade fork oil? I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about. Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome! I'm a total noob. I bought my 2015 PCX a week ago and I'm only on mile 73 but I love it and look forward to being apart of this community!
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Need help with front shock upgrade selection

Post by JonW »

I just bought a set of YSS Z series rear shocks and had the same dilemma - which size to get? I sent an email to the vendor and they asked me how much I weighed and did I primarily ride alone or with a passenger. In my case (160 lbs. and ride alone) they recommended the XL size. It seems XXL is for heavier "loads".
Jon W