Rattling between 25-35 MPH

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

KonyaB
Year: 2015 PCX 125
Color: Black

Rattling between 25-35 MPH

Post by KonyaB »

Dear Members,

I do not want to spam this forum with topics which may exist already, so please Moderators, if this already exist lead me there and delete this one.

So Gents, between the speed 20 and around 35 MPH i hear a rattling sound from the inside of the bike. Friends said it might be rollers, i don't really know that good yet about motorcycles.
On slow speed i can't hear nothing, but when accelerating it gets louder, and from 20-35 it's the same noise. I wouldn't say it's very annoyingly loud, but something is obviously not right in there.
Top speed is 60-62 MPH on flat ground, acceleration is nice and steady.

First few days i don't remember hearing this rattling but 3 weeks of 4 i own the bike i know about this noise.
It doesn't exist on idling, that's nice and smooth.

What could be the problem? How hard is it to fix it? Should i take it to motorcycle service? I have 1300 miles left 'till 4000 miles service.

Cheers,
Ben
Currently owns: 2015 Honda PCX 125 & 2006 Yamaha YBR 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Rattling between 25-35 MPH

Post by you you »

KonyaB wrote:Dear Members,

I do not want to spam this forum with topics which may exist already, so please Moderators, if this already exist lead me there and delete this one.

So Gents, between the speed 20 and around 35 MPH i hear a rattling sound from the inside of the bike. Friends said it might be rollers, i don't really know that good yet about motorcycles.
On slow speed i can't hear nothing, but when accelerating it gets louder, and from 20-35 it's the same noise. I wouldn't say it's very annoyingly loud, but something is obviously not right in there.
Top speed is 60-62 MPH on flat ground, acceleration is nice and steady.

First few days i don't remember hearing this rattling but 3 weeks of 4 i own the bike i know about this noise.
It doesn't exist on idling, that's nice and smooth.

What could be the problem? How hard is it to fix it? Should i take it to motorcycle service? I have 1300 miles left 'till 4000 miles service.

Cheers,
Ben
Is your bike under warranty?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

What youyou said because you need to make someone hear it and not say its normal. If we could hear it on video that would be nice but that's hard to do if moving. So does it happen the same on the stand?
Go for simple stuff first before you look up JoJo's threads on the same issue which didn't end well unfortunately.

Something in the luggage bucket
license plate ratting
is your battery strapped
are all your panels secure to the touch

run it up on the center stand to 35-50 mph and listen closely around the rear wheel but don't do it with a tie on... get an assist.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:What youyou said because you need to make someone hear it and not say its normal. If we could hear it on video that would be nice but that's hard to do if moving. So does it happen the same on the stand?
Go for simple stuff first before you look up JoJo's threads on the same issue which didn't end well unfortunately.

Something in the luggage bucket
license plate ratting
is your battery strapped
are all your panels secure to the touch

run it up on the center stand to 35-50 mph and listen closely around the rear wheel but don't do it with a tie on... get an assist.
Or see if you can try another one and see if it makes the same noise.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

With the engine running roll the bike backwards and see if the noise increases. Do this with someone on the other side so that you won't drop the bike. What you are listening for is any noise from the variator area that is unusual.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
KonyaB
Year: 2015 PCX 125
Color: Black

Post by KonyaB »

Hello guys,

I'm sorry it took so long to answer, but i was really busy nowadays, basically still am.
I moved to another topic ---> http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=747

But to answer questions:
you you - Yes, i still have 2 years warranty and will go for a service soon already, so i make them to fix it.
homie - It definitely not any fairings/panels, it's coming from either the engine or the clutch. I have the very same issue as the guys has in Cracksta's topic.
Mel - The weather is quite bad on this week, as soon as it gets better i'll try what you suggested. But i will post about it to the linked topic.
Currently owns: 2015 Honda PCX 125 & 2006 Yamaha YBR 125
syahrul37
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by syahrul37 »

hi..have you found any solution to the problem..im having the same problem and cant seems to figure it out..