Forza 300 Rear brake pad replacement

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Forza 300 Rear brake pad replacement

Post by davenowherejones »

Does anyone know of a honda forza 300 rear brake pad replacement video?

Or can someone send me the pages out of the service manual?

Or where to buy one?

My local dealer is hit and miss on their service. Most of the times good.

Thanks.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Re: Forza 300 Rear brake pad replacement

Post by SteveP »

Here's source for factory service manual. Well worth the price.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... d%5Fmedia=
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Silencer off
Caliper heatshield off
Undo caliper mount bolts
Take caliper out
Change pads

If you've ever changed motorcycle pads before its a doddle
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 wrote:Silencer off
Caliper heatshield off
Undo caliper mount bolts
Take caliper out
Change pads

If you've ever changed motorcycle pads before its a doddle
OK, thanks, I had to look up doddle. My mother was Miss Dodd so I was curious. She was born beside the Solway on the English side. Rumours had it that the great grand father was from the Scottish side. He did not stick around. I spent over 50 years translating my mother's speech into Canadian English.

7 C temperature right now, time to put the long underwear on and try to buy some brake pads. 60 km down river to Chilliwack and then 70 km in the rain up river to home. It is always farther in the rain.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK, so my parts guy thought I was a PCX 150 rider and ordered those pads. Fortunately I noticed the differences. He dug around in his parts shelf and found the right ones which he had two weeks ago when I tried to get the parts. Oh well.

I took the front pads off and they looked worn out but then I scared the brake dust off of the grooves. I think I can go a while longer on the fronts.

I hated the concept of removing my muffler to get to my rear pads. It all came apart reasonably well. It took a little thinking to find out which bolts to undo. I was hoping to cheat and take as little apart as possible. No such luck. I like how the fronts are real easy. That same engineer should have done the rear. One rear pad was half there but the other was right down to the metal and then some. I put it all back together and was looking at the old pads when I noticed some clips on the back of the old pads. Did my new pads have these clips or were they supposed to be reused?

I had taken some comparison pictures of the pads with my iPhone. OK, load the pictures onto the MacBook and see if the new ones had clips. Yes!!! Usually I have to do everything twice because I forgot something. Too much brain damage. Been kicked in the head too many times.

So I pumped the brakes a few times to get pressure, went to the bathroom, typed this and now I am going up to the snow level to see if the brakes work. Bye . . . . .