Epic snow...no scootin for me

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Epic snow...no scootin for me

Post by honkerman »

Here are before and after pics of the snowfall. I was going to put a tarp over the PCX before the snow, only to find that it's in the back of my wife's car, which is at the body shop getting a new rear end. So, I couldn't get the PCX out, and now I definitely can't until at least tomorrow. Took me all day to get the cars shoveled out, and my shoulder is done like a filet mignon.

Looks like the system put them in reverse order
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (138.99 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Epic snow...no scootin for me

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:Here are before and after pics of the snowfall. I was going to put a tarp over the PCX before the snow, only to find that it's in the back of my wife's car, which is at the body shop getting a new rear end. So, I couldn't get the PCX out, and now I definitely can't until at least tomorrow. Took me all day to get the cars shoveled out, and my shoulder is done like a filet mignon.

Looks like the system put them in reverse order
Flipping heck. We never get anything like that ever!
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Might be time to get the Honda snow plow attachment for your scoot :D

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Wow! Be careful, shoveling snow is one of the main causes of heart attacks during winter times so take it easy!
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

No heart attacks for me. A bit of indigestion perhaps. :D
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

GatorGreg wrote:Might be time to get the Honda snow plow attachment for your scoot :D

I'd have to dig it out first...and that's most definitely a Triumph. :D
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

:lol: I remember opening the downstairs door on one occasion and all I could see was the imprint of the door. So I put on my snowmobile suit and went out the back door onto the deck and fought my way to the street to thumb a ride to work. All I could see of my car was the top rails of the roof rack.

Dog loved it. The 6ft high fence I erected to keep him in the garden? He simply walked right over it.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

That is epic! I used to live in Philipsburg PA-not far from State College-and I remember getting up and not being able to see the flat bed trailer on the 18 wheeler! The dispatcher wanted me on the road, but I told him if he wanted me moving then HE can come shovel the truck out. Needless to say I didnt drive for them very long and promptly moved back to Virginia to escape the horrible snow storms PA gets. All you northern folks get my respect for putting up with crazy snow like that. It beat my wimpy little butt back south! Then again it does visit me here, thankfully not as often.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

sc00ter wrote:All you northern folks get my respect for putting up with crazy snow like that. It beat my wimpy little butt back south! Then again it does visit me here, thankfully not as often.
Not in the city but after work all the guys will be out on their snowmobiles having an absolute blast. Fresh snow is brilliant it is like riding a jet ski. Those who do will know, those that don't please don't ask.

But sometimes it is like this.

Followed by a stay in hospital and a few weeks off work :oops:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

and now you know why my wife moved south 30 years ago. She goes up to visit her relatives when the weather is better. She came from State College, PA. down to Atlanta, GA. The worst snow we have here is an inch that will shut down the entire city. Luckily, we didn't even get that here, though it did hit the mountain towns. Ice is our biggest problem. If that happens.... well it did happen 2 years ago and there is no snow removal equipment here, or ice removal equipment. Freeways turned into parking lots. So, if you are thinking of moving south to avoid the snow, be prepared for the occasional ice storm, and the often tornado storms and flooding. I'm not sure if there is anywhere that doesn't have some kind of weather problem... maybe Hawaii??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

And to think I was complaining to myself about having to scrape frost off the windshield a couple days last week--sorry to all you snowed-in folks.

It'll be in the 70s this coming weekend--come visit to thaw out!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

waspmike wrote::lol: I remember opening the downstairs door on one occasion and all I could see was the imprint of the door. So I put on my snowmobile suit and went out the back door onto the deck and fought my way to the street to thumb a ride to work. All I could see of my car was the top rails of the roof rack.

Dog loved it. The 6ft high fence I erected to keep him in the garden? He simply walked right over it.

:D :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

waspmike wrote::lol: I remember opening the downstairs door on one occasion and all I could see was the imprint of the door. So I put on my snowmobile suit and went out the back door onto the deck and fought my way to the street to thumb a ride to work. All I could see of my car was the top rails of the roof rack.
Obviously you were not living in Bangkok at the time. :D Sounds like you were in Buffalo, NY for the blizzard of '77. I was just up the road from there at that time on the Canadian side of the border.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

^ way further north and west of Buffalo :lol: Right on the hump of Lake Superior. 6 months of winter, 3 month of bad skiing, 3 months of bugs. Didn't bother with anything with two wheels up there :oops: Two skis and a track :o
Bash On! wrote:And to think I was complaining to myself about having to scrape frost off the windshield a couple days last week...
That's what old Visa Cards are for :lol:
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

waspmike wrote:^ way further north and west of Buffalo :lol: Right on the hump of Lake Superior. 6 months of winter, 3 month of bad skiing, 3 months of bugs. Didn't bother with anything with two wheels up there :oops: Two skis and a track :o
Bash On! wrote:And to think I was complaining to myself about having to scrape frost off the windshield a couple days last week...
That's what old Visa Cards are for :lol:
That's what current Visa Cards are for. Ooops.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Got to work on the scoot today. Only one spot that was a bit scary.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (116.95 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

waspmike wrote:^ way further north and west of Buffalo :lol: Right on the hump of Lake Superior. 6 months of winter, 3 month of bad skiing, 3 months of bugs. Didn't bother with anything with two wheels up there :oops: Two skis and a track :o
In the US or Canada? I used to live in Saskatchewan and Manitoba and traveled between there and southern Ontario many time, both above and below the Great Lakes.

You may remember me. I stopped into your place a couple of years ago and picked up a JCosta variator.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

honkerman wrote:Got to work on the scoot today. Only one spot that was a bit scary.
Crazy!!
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

dkazzed wrote:
honkerman wrote:Got to work on the scoot today. Only one spot that was a bit scary.
Crazy!!
You rang?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Oh sorry, wrong number...

I generally shy away from scootering unless the roads are bare. I might get Heidenau four season tires this autumn though.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS