Handlebar Mounted Charging Ports

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Handlebar Mounted Charging Ports

Post by BobS »

Found a whole assortment of charging ports for motorcycle use - http://www.gearbest.com/motorcycle-power-socket-_gear/

I am considering this one - WUPP-01 Motorcycle USB Charger Power Plug Socket - http://www.gearbest.com/motorcycle-fair ... 26234.html
Attachments
WUPP 1.jpg
WUPP 1.jpg (15.43 KiB) Viewed 970 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Handlebar Mounted Charging Ports

Post by WhiteNoise »

There's chrome out there too, a Kuryakyn Power Point and Eklipes Cobra. No time now for me to google, but thought I'd pass it on ;)
Either way, it's a good accessory to add.....
Although there are easier and less expensive ways to get the power. Other's will jump in. Re: Using a battery tender lead.

Someone take over please, I really gotta get to the nursing home!
Thanx! :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I have just installed my version on my 2012 PCX and wanted to post a how-to when I'll have time to write it.
I e installed in the "glovebox" to the really left bottom of the box so I can connect longdr chargers also. As all of my devices are charging from USB I bought a dual USB outlet for a hefty sum of like 3USD from ebay ad very happy with the results. As one have fo remove the windshield and a few body panels it might be a bit more complex than a steering mountrd one, but one has toanyway connct the electronic of the scoot ro cconnect it ti relayed and protected circuit - so not mucb of an improvenet compared to others.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Sorry for the typos. Writing from my not too large screened smartphone and when I tried submit my edited changes it did not let me do it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote:Sorry for the typos. Writing from my not too large screened smartphone and when I tried submit my edited changes it did not let me do it.
No body cares, hey that's actually the most decent solution I've seen for accessory power and you could bypass the low amp fuse on the one in the glove box. Maybe warm a pair of gloves or dry your hair right?