Seat won't stay open

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

gogobert
Year: 2014
Color: White

Seat won't stay open

Post by gogobert »

Hey, short question,

Is there a way to adjust the force that keeps the seat in an open position?
Mine always closes while trying to put stuff below...
Honda Nss300 Forza 2014 - White
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Seat won't stay open

Post by gn2 »

Seems a fairly common problem related to the hydraulic lifter not exerting enough force.
Its non-adjustable.
If its still under warranty take it back to the dealer for a replacement and keep taking it back till it works properly.

Mine sometimes falls closed if parked facing uphill with the sidestand downhill, but when parked on a level surface it always stays open.
My simple solution when this happens is to hold the seat up with my left hand and put stuff in/out with my right hand while standing at the rear of the scooter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gogobert

Post by gogobert »

Yep, that's the way it has to be done, however, sometimes when reaching for the things You wanna put in, You have to let go of the left hand, and... :|

..anyway, I get in touch with the dealer as it's still under warranty - actually here in Sweden, Honda gives a 5-year warranty. :)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I took the clever little pieces that keep it open off the bike. Now it opens and just rests against the handlebar...no assist...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Glen why did you do that, was it failing in the first lift position? Please say it didn't. I like having the two.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I just did not like it, and only want full open position. So when I change the seat, I yanked out those pieces of metal that did that.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

WhiteNoise wrote:Glen why did you do that, was it failing in the first lift position? Please say it didn't. I like having the two.
Two positions??? My 2014 USA Forza only has one position (often falling to closed!)
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I think that Glen is on a PCX, not on a Forza. Even with the "damper" disconnected, I don't think our Forza seat will open that far.

And, yes, I have FSS (Falling Seat Syndrome), too. My dealer is waiting for a back-ordered part to do to warranty work. In the meanwhile, I have cut a stick to size. It's not elegant, but it IS less frustrating.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

My Canon has a plastic "stick" that falls down by gravity and keeps the lid open. Should be fairly simple to attach something similar. Even a Porsche Boxter has a manual stay!

Here's a Sprite/Midget trunk. Too big to post as a picture

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/media/cata ... _07_01.jpg
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

For the VAT they make you pay they should come fix it at your house. :P
gogobert wrote:Yep, that's the way it has to be done, however, sometimes when reaching for the things You wanna put in, You have to let go of the left hand, and... :|

..anyway, I get in touch with the dealer as it's still under warranty - actually here in Sweden, Honda gives a 5-year warranty. :)
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
gogobert

Post by gogobert »

tbln930 wrote:For the VAT they make you pay they should come fix it at your house. :P
gogobert wrote:Yep, that's the way it has to be done, however, sometimes when reaching for the things You wanna put in, You have to let go of the left hand, and... :|

He he, that's true, but here in this cold country we think "it's sexy to pay tax" ...
...at least one of our more famous politician thinks that... ;) :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gogobert wrote:
tbln930 wrote:For the VAT they make you pay they should come fix it at your house. :P

He he, that's true, but here in this cold country we think "it's sexy to pay tax" ...
...at least one of our more famous politician thinks that... ;) :D

Probly the biggest tax dodger then....