sounds lovely with no helmet

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

sounds lovely with no helmet

Post by homie »

PCX sounds like a farm tractor with your helmet off :lol: Just thought I'd share this from a one year old scooter with a stock exhaust. Funny thing is it always sounded like this... embarrassing I think I will put my helmet back on.

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: sounds lovely with no helmet

Post by iceman »

I don't like riding with no ear-plugs - which I've been using for 4 months - mostly to stop hearing loss from the hi-pitch whistle you can get when riding and because it's a much more pleasant ride - the PCX sounds much better :)
The new Forza 125 sounds loud too. When I'm out and about it seems other makes sound nicer than the PCX - not quite but not as harsh.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

I'm amazed that a Honda makes that much noise, and a 150 at that. Was doing some long distance travel the last two days and got to go through some tunnels. Makes almost as good a noise as my Jag.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I'm not complaining here, just a lot of folks are tuned to odd little rattles and noises on their PCX's but honesty I don't know how they can hear them over the clatter :D It must be engine and clutch racket because we don't have chain drives to bitch about. Several times someone has been sitting beside me at an intersection with their window down and commented on how quiet my PCX is while its idling or maybe they meant they didn't hear me riding next to them before we stopped o_O Anywho I'm not complaining I love my scooter and will most likely always own one.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

My little 'ol 125 (and most others I'd imagine) doesn't sound as bad as that, but it still makes noises I'd rather imagine were not there which are blocked by the ear plugs - yes I can hear it idle and hear people talking soft at a distance, and hear car horns and distant emergency service vehicles sirens, and people having a conversation some cars back, it's just nice to cut out that little bit of wind noise and PCX engine/drive noise.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Mine makes a bunch of interesting sounds, too. As long as things stay attached, I'm fine with them.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Normal mechanical sounds from the lower belt and gear box on PCX. Cam microphone facing the rear to eliminate wind interference. Probably one more recording from the muffler side for future reference and a benchmark for comparison as I roll over 3200 miles on a 2015 model PCX 150.

WOOT! Life is good
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Stock Muffler & Idle... normal PCX sounds