Clip for coolant

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

tonypcx125uk
Year: 2011
Color: silver

Clip for coolant

Post by tonypcx125uk »

apologies if this has been covered elsewhere I did search but didn't find anything.How do you re-insert the clips that go above where the coolant is topped up.There is a clip on YouTube where is guy poorly demonstrates a clip from a vfr 800 how they operate but his hands cover the part I need to see.Can someone point me in the direction of a simple how to guide or pictures guide or video would be great.Im sorry if this sounds very stupid and if the clips where 10p I wouldn't care!.

Cheers Tony

[url][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWzgmUsQCA/url]
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Clip for coolant

Post by homie »

Referring to your liked video... Trim clips is what they are called. They have been modified recently for Honda to the type you see in that video. The ones on my early 2015 PCX do not have that type and I want those too. They should be found as 6mm trim clips with that newer type release center pin. I believe every new PCX rolling off the assembly line today will have the newer trim clips. I struggled with the four recessed ones on the lower panels during my last tear down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg

So where do we find them?
Last edited by homie on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

I finally put some tape along the sides of the coolant cover. That clip never did work. I watched the video, too.
tonypcx125uk

Post by tonypcx125uk »

My bike is a 2011 model and has the same type of clip as the VFR 800 YouTube clip I think I may have to tape mine back up. Any other suggestions or ways of neatly securing it?

Cheers Tony
tonypcx125uk

Post by tonypcx125uk »

I managed to do it it seems that if you push upwards from the bottom whilst holding the sides it works and the top becomes flush and allows you to pop in back in the hole (stop it) .it make take a little wiggle (stop with the innuendo's) So im happy i managed to fix it. finally something plastic and fragile i havent broken lol!.

Cheers Tony