Bleeding the brake lines on a 2015 PCX..

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Bleeding the brake lines on a 2015 PCX..

Post by Dave Bo »

Has anyone had to bleed their brake lines yet. I am hoping for some help, maybe from somebody somebody with a service manual??? Long story short, I recently noticed that the line going into the reservoir ( the square one near the throttle )was assembled incorrectly. The bent metal tube (where the green bolt is ) was never positioned in between the U- Shaped Retainer. The brake line always stood up abnormally so tonight I loosen the bolt to adjust it. I anticipated that fluid would leak out so I made sure there were plenty of rags below the bolt. I think a small amount of air may have gotten inside the brake line. I refilled the reservoir of course, but the front brake now feels a little soft.

Do you think the air bubble(s) will bleed out by themselves over time or should I try to bleed them manually?

I really do not want to go to the dealership for this so I'm looking for a forum member with a service manual to explain how to bleed our system. I'm familiar with the "syringe full of brake fluid pushing upward to an empty reservoir through the bleeder valve near the wheel " process. Will that work with our CBS system. Or is that hidden plastic reservoir under the dash just for the rear (left side) brake handle? I need some good advise...
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Bleeding the brake lines on a 2015 PCX..

Post by j.d.b. »

You should be good bleeding from the upper nipple on the caliper. I turn the fork to the left on level ground, on the center stand to do this job. It gets the reservoir high and level. I also have a small piece of molded rubbr hose that fits over the nipple to control the mess. Leave the lower nipple alone(cbs). I generally fill the reservoir and gravity works to bleed from there. If you like, you can slightly squeeze the lever a few times to hasten the flow.
knowledge boy
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by knowledge boy »

I did the same as above, but instead of gravity, I used this method. 1. Open the Nipple 2. Pull the Brake Lever 3. Close the Nipple 4. Release the Brake Lever. 5. Repeat until fluid is clear and has no bubbles.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Alternatively pump the brake hard a few times then arrange something to hold the brake lever fully on, tape, velcro etc and leave it overnight.
In the morning release the brake lever and hey presto firm brake action restored automagically.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong