Newbie Intro

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Spacecadet
Year: 2015
Color: white

Newbie Intro

Post by Spacecadet »

Hello,

I just picked up (10/31) a used (500 miles) PCX150. My husband rides and I love riding with him but have / had never ridden alone. So this is my baby step into the 2 Wheel Club.

~Stacie
Attachments
Scooty2.png
Scooty2.png (255.92 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Scooty1.png
Scooty1.png (239.28 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Newbie Intro

Post by homie »

OUTSTANDING! Stacie
Congratulation you are the 34th member of this forum to purchase the next generation PCX. I dub thee proud new member and move you to ride point in the 2015 Owners PARADE! :o o_O 8)

WELCOME :D and who would ever trade in a white PCX? What does hubby ride?
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

Don't be afraid to ride alone. You'll love it. There are lots of YouTube videos about what to do..... but you might be surprised at how well you can drive on a well-balanced scooter like the PCX. As a new owner, don't forget that the scooter won't start if the side stand (kickstand) is down.
Forum member WhiteNoise has some helpful videos about putting your scooter on its center stand.
Can you tell us what you paid for a lightly used PCX? How much did you have to pay in dealer fees, etc? I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I rode it today.
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

My husband has ridden forever and used to teach the motorcycle safety class... so I'm in good hands! It was dark Friday by the time it was delivered and rained Saturday so I got lots of owners manual reading in. Sunday we took it to the high school near us and set up cones in the parking lot, I practiced about 2 hours. I'm in love! Mine was $2990...no dealer fees cuz it was used. So after tax, license, doc and a helmet it was $3500
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

The guy that had it decided after about 2 weeks that he wanted a motorcycle instead. The hubz has a 11 GSXR 750 and a 08 FZ1.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Awesome!! I'm in San Diego too. What part of town are you in? We're in Pt Loma. Good price on the scoot btw! I have a white 2015 also I bought used with 900 miles. Used to ride sportbikes too, but got busted doing a wheelie, and figured I'd keep myself out of trouble. My wife has her M1 license also but has been hesitant to ride. I have two of these things. A 2015 and a 2013 which I have the surf rack on. We can get you an extra 10-11mph out of the scooter for just under $100. I'd be happy to do the install for you. Takes 20 minutes to swap out the transmission parts. =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

We are in Chula Vista. Yeah, hubz keeps himself outta trouble by taking the GSXR to the track. Thanks for the offer, he does everything to our bikes himself other than tires and thats only because he doesn't have the equipment.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Cool, well the parts you'd want are:

NCY variator $60 http://www.corsportusa.com (will say it's for 2010+ PCX125)
NCY drive face $30 http://www.corsportusa.com (May also say for 2010+ PCX125)
13G NCY roller weights $20 on Amazon

Not only will your bike have higher top speed, it will also accelerate quicker. Also, remove the snorkel from the airbox cover, and slice the 4 "plastic rivets" off the back of the air filter element to remove the metal screen/cheese grater looking thing.

After that, you're good to go, unless you decide you want a bit more power, then you can look into an exhaust. I have one on mine.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Oh, and let me be the first to inform you if you didn't read my post already in another thread...

Your scooter's MPG readout is in UK gallons. Translation? Whatever MPG it says you're getting, multiply it by .855 and that is your actual mpg! Yeah, and you thought you were getting 100-120mpg. =P

Well, 100 is possible all city miles or in traffic on the freeway. But yeah, sorry to burst your bubble on that one. My last tank was an actual 92.5mpg.
endewey89
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by endewey89 »

congrats on the purchase! Just got one myself, used though. Let me know if you don't like yours! jk, I'd talk you out of selling it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Like your name "Spacecadet" :P It's the way I feel a lot of days :lol:
Welcome to the forum(s), it's nice to have another New member with a 2015 "White" PCX 8)

homie, are Ya doing yer job? Keeping the count? Ah yes, I see you are. #34 Awesome!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

ScooterMan wrote:Cool, well the parts you'd want are:

NCY variator $60 http://www.corsportusa.com (will say it's for 2010+ PCX125)
NCY drive face $30 http://www.corsportusa.com (May also say for 2010+ PCX125)
13G NCY roller weights $20 on Amazon

Not only will your bike have higher top speed, it will also accelerate quicker. Also, remove the snorkel from the airbox cover, and slice the 4 "plastic rivets" off the back of the air filter element to remove the metal screen/cheese grater looking thing.

After that, you're good to go, unless you decide you want a bit more power, then you can look into an exhaust. I have one on mine.
Any potential issues with those mods? I recall reading some issues with some mods(mostly regarding longevity due to non-OEM parts), and I suspect removing the air filter component is something that might give my dealer fits.

I am however curious about squeezing a little more juice out of this scoot(so long as it's legal).
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Or you could just ride it standard.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Alibally wrote:Or you could just ride it standard.
Seems like a great idea when you bought the extended warranty and suddenly I can't help but wonder if screwing with the OEM parts would void it. :D
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I think it varies depending on what country you are. The US are a bit more easygoing about it than Europe I think
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Spacecadet wrote:The guy that had it decided after about 2 weeks that he wanted a motorcycle instead. The hubz has a 11 GSXR 750 and a 08 FZ1.
Stacie, I suggest riding your new PCX and meeting the maintenance requirements (they will come fast enough) then after you know your scooter well consider some of the performance enhancements this forum can tempt you with. By this you will know the difference between what Honda intended your mpg, speed, acceleration and over all feel was meant to be and what you might change... plus keeping your warranties intact for a while is good too. You have FUN and be safe, plenty of time to tweak your scoot when you get tired of your husband waving for you to catch up LOL.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"Don't Mess With Bill" :D
....and at that point you just may consider buying a Forza or other bigger scoot/bike. How about that?
I'm with homie, Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy your ride, get acquainted, become one, get engaged, marry again o_O Well, get comfortable at least. Leave well enough alone. Honda knows best (imo).
JUST HAVE SOME FRIGGIN' FUN!!! 8) :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

WhiteNoise wrote:"Don't Mess With Bill" :D
....and at that point you just may consider buying a Forza or other bigger scoot/bike. How about that?
I'm with homie, Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy your ride, get acquainted, become one, get engaged, marry again o_O Well, get comfortable at least. Leave well enough alone. Honda knows best (imo).
JUST HAVE SOME FRIGGIN' FUN!!! 8) :P
+1

Get used to it first.