2015 PCX 150 Rear Trunk attachment

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scooter Roy
Year: 2015
Color: White Pearl

2015 PCX 150 Rear Trunk attachment

Post by Scooter Roy »

Will the Honda PCX 08L70-KZY-910 bracket fit the 2015 model? Dealer said they couldn't get info since this just was introduced in July. Anybody recommend the Honda trunk vs Givi models (other than it being more $$$)??
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Re: 2015 PCX 150 Rear Trunk attachment

Post by Duggle »

Someone with a 2015 should pop the plastic off the back and see if the four bolt locations are still inside along with the four drilling markers on the plastic.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

If I remember correctly, someone showed a picture of the new pcx with the plastic popped off and there were holes under it. Unlike the 2013 version, nothing had to be unscrewed. Someone here probably knows the link.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

I was given a SHAD rack for my 2015 PCX 125 by the dealer, but I had to return it because of a faulty weld (I'm waiting a replacement) and I could read in the instructions that the racks are for old and new PCX scooters, as the bolt locations are the same.

As you indicate, nothing has to be unscrewed, and the plastic does not come with drilling markers, so the rack manufacturer includes a template, if the owner prefers to drill the plastic for a neater look ;)

In my case, I will simply retire and keep the plastic cover, so that I will reinstall it in the future when I remove the trunk and rack, selling the scooter as it came from the factory :D

Note: When I have the new rack and install it, I will document it and post it in the forum 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

pcxpower wrote:I could read in the instructions that the racks are for old and new PCX scooters, as the bolt locations are the same.
This seems to be the answer. Sounds like the new and old scooters have the same four mount holes in the same location.
Scooter Roy
Color: White Pearl

Post by Scooter Roy »

Checked with Honda Customer Support--they do not have the 2015 accessories listed yet and advised to wait for publication--slightly different tail on the 2015 PCX.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

pcxpower, hi! I saw your Excellent How To on installing a Shad rack/case on your 2014/2015 PCX 125.
Kudo's to you! Nice presentation!! :P
Well, you got me curious so I went to shadonline.com and snooped around (with fingers crossed in hopes of seeing one :D ).

I came across this listed rack mount for the 2014/2015 PCX 150: http://www.shadonline.com/ProductDetail ... e=H0PC10RN

While I was reading your How To, I wrote down the product code on the pictured bag. It IS different from the one listed at Shadonline.

Your product code seen on the packaging was: HOPC1OST
The product code listed at Shadonline is: HOPC1ORN
(Note: the O's listed in both of these codes may be zero's. It's hard for me to tell, so look closer).

Are we confused yet? This is just the beginning :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Hi, Mr. Whitenoise!!! I'm glad that you liked the How-to and I will try to document all the changes that I make to the new scooter ;)

It's strange that SHAD doesn't sell the same rack in the States... they are losing lots of sales! It's also weird that Honda USA doesn't have the new accessories listed, telling that the tail is different, given that the mounting locations are the same... lots of mysteries!!! :o
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

So....are you thinking or know if the old top case mounts fit the new 2015 tail? If that be the case then all existing tail mounts in the U.S. For all PCX years should still fit/work. Did you follow the Shadonline link I provided? What say you to that, 2015 owner? :)
Rack mounts and windscreens always a puzzlement :D it can drive one crazy. Anybody wanna go? :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Yes, I had a look at the link, and it seems to be the Honda original accessory rack that mimics the shape of the rear tail of the 2010-2014 PCX, which of course will not fit the new models because the tail is really different ;)

If I remember correctly, this rack is only sold in the States, and looks very good, but I prefer the look of the SHAD or GIVI racks, which look a little more "industrial", and are more easily customizable, if one needs to relocate the trunk a little to the rear, for instance :D

On the other hand, if one chooses a rack model "not Honda original accesory" that goes screwed to the 4 mounting points that are hidden from view, I'm 100% sure that the models for the old PCX will fit the new ones. This list includes the GIVI and SHAD models, but I have heard of other rack manufacturers, at least in Europe 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

About what I have just mentioned, almost at the bottom of this link you can see (among other accessories) another rack model, made by VRAMACK, which come predrilled for almost all trunk manufacturers:

http://www.moto125.cc/f125cc/equipamien ... da-pcx-125
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, cool stuff!
Honda needs to Bring It On to US!
3 PCX model years, and still we wait
Thanks pcxpower, you're a very helpful member. I tip my hat to you!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

No problem! This forum and its users (you among them ;) ) are GREAT, and it's a pleasure for me to collaborate as much as I can :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pcxpower wrote:About what I have just mentioned, almost at the bottom of this link you can see (among other accessories) another rack model, made by VRAMACK, which come predrilled for almost all trunk manufacturers:

http://www.moto125.cc/f125cc/equipamien ... da-pcx-125

Excellent is has the handlebar locks that you can't seem to get in the uk
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

And it's made (or at least designed) in Spain! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pinemartin

Post by pinemartin »

I did install a Givi top case - B37 blade tech -- I used the 2013 mounting brackets, for which the holes line up perfectly on the 2015 PCX. For the existing PCX cover plate, I drilled four holes in it, and reinstalled it, then mounted the Givi brackets through the newly drilled holes. That seemed like a better solution than just leaving the cover plate off, since you can see under the case when it's installed, and it looks a lot nicer with the plate installed underneath the case. I had hoped there would be a pre-drilled cover plate that I could buy, and then I would have used it and kept the original one in case I ever sold the bike without the top case, but so far I wasn't able to find one available, probably as others suggested, because the model is still too new.

There weren't any markings I could see on the reverse side of the cover plate, like there apparently is on the 2013 tail to tell you where to drill. I just made a template with cardboard, and it worked out fine. Before drilling it I did see that I could buy a replacement cover for about $10 online, so that gave me confidence in drilling this one :-). I taped the cover with masking tape before I drilled, and used a paddle bit. It drilled quite easily, and I was pleasantly surprised that the plastic was not brittle, so nothing cracked, since the holes have to be drilled pretty close to the edge of the cover plate. I also put a little silicone caulk around the holes to keep out moisture. Probably not needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt. If anyone would like me to take a couple of pictures, let me know. I'm new to the forum and posting, but imagine I could figure out how to post pics if it would be useful.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Pictures are always good :D
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

With the drill cover it must look absolutely terrific! As if it came from the factory ;)

If a replacement cover is just $10 (plus shipping, I guess), I suppose that most 2015 PCX owners will bite and drill the cover, buying a new one if/when they sell the bike 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pinemartin

Post by pinemartin »

Here's a link to the "Lid, grab rail cover" (part #12) in either white or black for $2.95, plus $17 shipping, but presumably there's better total cost options available. I just needed to assure myself that in the worst case that I broke the cover, that there was a reasonable recovery option for me. http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts ... 802df/seat
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

These are incredible prices! I have to ask in my Honda dealer for some part prices, but I doubt that they are so cheap... hey, almost everything is just $3: grab rail cover, hinge, clips, nuts, etc!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And almost $82 for a complete seat... I wish I lived in the States... ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125