2015 PCX 150 US Replacement and Maintenance?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

2015 PCX 150 US Replacement and Maintenance?

Post by Valiant »

Hi all,

Had a low speed crash on Aug 4th, dinged up my PCX a bit.

Here's the damage(best I can tell):

From what my brother tells me, the rear brake lever is slightly loose, and he insists the front wheel is also a bit loose.

Any specific tools needed to tighten those? I have a Victorinox Multi-tool, philips and flat-head screwdriver, and a simple adjustable wrench. I plan to buy the replacement parts and have my dealer do the install, which is just as well since I need them to run a check on the overall function, but at the same time, I kind of wanted to make sure I could ride it 5 miles to the dealer safely(in full gear this time) without something coming apart on the road o_O .

Dealer tells me parts for the 2015 PCX are not yet available, though WhiteNoise did direct me to this site:
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... 0-ac-parts

I didn't catch it on the photo, but there's a crack just above the glovebox cover, but the cover itself seems to be fine. Also some scuffs to the back of the left mirror.

From what I can tell, I'd need:
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... 2ce/mirror
-Part 4

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... ront-cover
-Part 5(White)

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... nner-cover
-Part 7?(White) This one not too sure as the wire diagram of the part in question doesn't seem to match what I see in the photo, but only the white plastic was damaged, so it's only either 7 or 8.

I don't believe any screws were damaged, so I won't be ordering any of those. If anything, it just looks like the plastic panels were dislodged from the latch on impact.

Anything else I missed that you guys see? Anything else I should check before attempting to ride it to the dealer? It's still a ways away before I can ride, given the broken bones in my left leg, maybe another month, give or take a few weeks. I'll do some short laps around the parking lot first of course.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2015 PCX 150 US Replacement and Maintenance?

Post by fish »

May we have some pictures in the daylight?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

I'll try, I can't exactly put weight on my leg yet, so it would be a PITA to unlock my cover for pics at the moment.

I did already order the parts, but I'm just mostly concerned about what I need to check and tighten up before I attempt to drive it down to the dealer. I assume checking the oils and fluids would be good too?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

I think it's bad form the Dealers cannot get parts as soon as a model is for sale. Something can go wrong at any time and if they sell it, Honda should have replacement parts ex-stock available.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Valiant, your brother believes the front wheel is loose. You're not in shape to ride anywhere, correct?
Me? I wouldn't ride it to the dealer or anywhere. What kind of insurance cvg do you have? Towing? Roadside assistance? Will your insurance company pick it up and take it there? Or, will they reimburse a service for picking up/delivering to dealer? Do you know anyone with a trailer? How about a landscaper?They might help you out, if you ask (toss 'em some green? No, not grass :D)
Bad idea to ride it, I'm not a fan. Would like to read about you in the very near future fully healed and enjoying your ride again....as if this never happened. Get help delivering it. Good luck, get better!! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

My insurance(Allstate, but Hawaii coverage sucks compared to the mainland) doesn't cover towing AFAIK, and my bro recommended I don't report the accident because they'd jack up my rates, so I'd rather not get them involved.

My dealer says they'd charge about $100 to tow it to the dealership, and another $100 just to inspect it for damage. Oh, and more pieces are broken than I thought, which I didn't order. They(not my dealer) charge $50 for shipping a $20 piece because of the size.

So I'm having a lovely time right about now ^_^
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Oh MAN! that's what these fairings and cowlings are for... glad you are not seriously injured. And I think you do the right thing by not getting Insurance involved in this case. And I don't think we need to worry if he will ride again, he is already ordered parts and still in cast :)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Heal soon, and let's hope that the final list of broken parts is not very long! ;)

About the repair, you wouldn't need lost of tools to replace.the broken panels, and these tools will last you a lifetime, so I would encourage you to follow the excellent "how to"s that you can find in the forum, and do it with your brother's or other friend's help ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125