Trips..... and range..... and I've done it again.....

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Trips..... and range..... and I've done it again.....

Post by gn2 »

Not too long ago I ran out of fuel on my PCX, well today I did it on he Forza. :roll:
I had cycled through the trips to look at my total mileage, I thought I had set it back to trip A, but alas, it was set to trip B when it ran out of fuel this morning showing just 143 miles......
In future I will be zeroing both trips when I refuel.
Anyway, once I set it back to trip A I discovered that it will do 195 miles on a tank.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Trips..... and range..... and I've done it again.....

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Not too long ago I ran out of fuel on my PCX, well today I did it on he Forza. :roll:
I had cycled through the trips to look at my total mileage, I thought I had set it back to trip A, but alas, it was set to trip B when it ran out of fuel this morning showing just 143 miles......
Anyway, once I set it back to trip A I discovered that it will do 195 miles on a tank.

195 miles is a proper range
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I reckon it could go further on flat terrain in still air with a lighter rider at a lower speed.
But 195 miles to a tank will do for me, means I can do three trips to work and have plenty in reserve.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I would run dry at about 165 miles on a tank with the PCX. My fuel consumption is so consistent for my commute that I fill after every two round trips with 150 miles showing without a care.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:Not too long ago I ran out of fuel on my PCX, well today I did it on he Forza. :roll:
That is not bad at all. Are you still getting fuel mileage this good, or does it go down over time ?

Mike
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Scooter now has 32,600 miles on and is still capable of amazing figures.
Recently I rode a 130 mile round trip to test ride a Suzuki, the fuel consumption on that trip was 86mpg.
This summer I had a leisure ride round the back roads hereabouts and achieved 97mpg.
Average consumption remains around 75-80mpg for my 28 mile commute which is a mix of 60 and 70mph major roads and city.

These are imperial mpg and not the colonial short measures. ;)
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I find that short trips where the Forza doesn't warm up that well knock the daylights out of the milage. If I watch the consumption gauge, the numbers go down for the first fifteen minutes of a ride during the first hundred miles on the tank. We use the Forza mostly for entertainment rides - 40-60 miles of leisurely two-up, and I get around 65 miles to each of those dinky little US gallons. Given the three gallon tank, I start looking for fuel around 150 miles.

Gn2's commute is really great for the scooter - better if it was 40-50 mph, but still, long and steady.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

gn2 wrote:Scooter now has 32,600 miles on and is still capable of amazing figures.
Recently I rode a 130 mile round trip to test ride a Suzuki, the fuel consumption on that trip was 86mpg.
This summer I had a leisure ride round the back roads hereabouts and achieved 97mpg.
Average consumption remains around 75-80mpg for my 28 mile commute which is a mix of 60 and 70mph major roads and city.

These are imperial mpg and not the colonial short measures. ;)
I am getting about the same in Canada with our bigger gallons. On the real slow dirt road travel I get over 90 mpg. I use 300 km as my maximum (186 miles) but I try to stay well below that. I also have to allow for RCMP detours and stoppages (12 hour delays with no detours) which happen frequently on our mountain roads.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:Scooter now has 32,600 miles on and is still capable of amazing figures.

HI GN2,

People in Scotland must drive a heck of a lot better than they do here around Miami... If I did that kind of riding and mileage, I would be dead several times over by now :x

Have you had many close calls / scares over the years ? Ever had the ABS kick in and save you ?

Mike
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

It's true, the UK rides all weather making the rest of us look like a bunch of little girls.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

homie wrote:It's true, the UK rides all weather making the rest of us look like a bunch of little girls.
Ahhh, but do they ride in 40-44°C heat and 100% humidity?
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Funny thing we have all that here with our four full seasons. From -12 deg C and ocassionally 20-30 cm of snow overnight to +42deg C in shade during the summer. Not that Hungarian drivers would particularly good as a result though.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I have had a few ABS activations on the Forza, usually its at low speed in the city and it has prevented one collision and two drops.

When I were young (and seriously mental on a bike) I had many (at least 25) on road "offs" including four collisions with cars, one of which I T-boned and went over the roof of.
Luckily I never had more than a few small scratches and bruises.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I have 39000 km on my Forza now (24,000 miles) The ABS kicks in sometimes at low speeds or on gravel. The American freeway speeds scare me and I have no intention of going there. I spent most of today riding in the rain, my long underwear never even got wet. The snow was higher up today.

I don't drink alcohol and the RCMP frown upon those who do and drive. It got hot here twice in the summer. No igloos but I wear my long underwear a lot. I feel naked without my rain pants.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I feel naked without my rain pants.

Try a jacket too.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Here in the Old South at a very low elevation and a very high humidity, the gas mileage over the life of the bike gets me to 181.333 miles per tank.

On a day-to-day and season-by-season procedure, what I do is zero out the trip meters at each gasoline fill-up, then watch the mpg meter (largest number in the dash) and the trip meter over each tank. I take whatever the current indicated mpg is, subtract 3, and multiply by three to get my theoretical range for that particular tank of gas.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring