I rode Pcx 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I rode Pcx 150

Post by Pcxdemon »

I took a 150 for a test ride couple of days ago to compare it to my 170...Simply said there is no comparison between the two,150 felt as slow as a 125. It took forever to get to 62mph and wouldn't go further than 67 although there is bit more there apparently like 72mph but i couldnt get it there from a short ride (i got bored on it after 5 min and took it back to the dealer). On the other side, last weekend ride in the mountains on the 170 was as exciting as it can get on the scooter. Its power was matching 300cc Vespa Super Sport with the famous Quasar engine all the way to a top speed of 132kmh,dead even all the way to the top...Its amazing that 170 can put out that much power and torque to perform like a 300cc machine of that quality. I came home grinning like a little girl...
Now im tempted to get 150 and do the same to it, 150 has better head,bigger valves and i know i would get extra couple of ponies from it than what i get out of my current set up. That would be an absolute beast!
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Re: I rode Pcx 150

Post by scisor34 »

I hope you get a PCX150! I've been riding bikes my whole life, I've got a weird obsession about small bikes that'll suprise people, but don't have the knowledge or expertise to do what you've done to your 125. Boats r my area of "expertise", and as much as I love my stock PCX150, a mod PCX150 would definitely be way more fun. GO FOR IT!!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

No need to get a 150, just fit a turbocharger and a nitrous oxide kit.
Remove all the unecessary weight, you won't be needing that heavy CBS system so just bin it.
Sorted.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

So how much more HP do you think you could get from the 150/170 vs. the 125/170...
can't you buy a 150 head? or it won't line up to the 125 block?

Is webbike still the only place that sells the 150 to 170 kit?(not so sure about ordering parts from a janky(broken English) over seas website).
I'm looking forward to building a 170 in the future 8)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:So how much more HP do you think you could get from the 150/170 vs. the 125/170...
can't you buy a 150 head? or it won't line up to the 125 block?

Is webbike still the only place that sells the 150 to 170 kit?(not so sure about ordering parts from a janky(broken English) over seas website).
I'm looking forward to building a 170 in the future 8)
Webike is safe a chips, my build option next time around would be Reggy's Yuminashi 175cc bore cylinder. It has a slightly higher comp than 170 Takegawa so it would be slightly more powerful..
I could get 150cc head from Reggy but I'd need to get also an adopter kit to make it fit on 125/170 set up. It consists of exhaust manifold adapter so I could retain existing exhaust, different radiator coolant hose and some other smaller bits and pieces that attach to it. By the time I get the head and bits and install it, it would cost me the same to sell mine striped down to stock 170, buy secondhand stock 150 for same money and reuse nearly all the parts on the 150. Then I'd just need to get 175cc bore and it be done..2 steps backwards to go 1 step forward but at least an increase of 2hp and true 300cc+ killer..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm worried. Are chips safe?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Depends, if they're granite chips in a blunderbuss there could be an element of danger...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Hmmm....interesting...my PCX150 is capable of retaining speeds waaaay better than my PCX125 ever did. Hills and Mountain Climbs hurts the 150's Speed very little, but knocked as much as 20 MPH off the 125...having owned Them Both, the PCX150 would, for sure, be my starting point for a Larger cc Project..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Carpathian hawk

Post by Carpathian hawk »

skuuter wrote:Hmmm....interesting...my PCX150 is capable of retaining speeds waaaay better than my PCX125 ever did. Hills and Mountain Climbs hurts the 150's Speed very little, but knocked as much as 20 MPH off the 125...having owned Them Both, the PCX150 would, for sure, be my starting point for a Larger cc Project..... 8)
Very interesting!
Do you want to upgrade your "cc"?.....200 cc will be wonderfull. PCX150 is highly appreciate by me due to the fact that the mass is under 130 kgs.
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150 red, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 red.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Carpathian hawk wrote:
skuuter wrote:Hmmm....interesting...my PCX150 is capable of retaining speeds waaaay better than my PCX125 ever did. Hills and Mountain Climbs hurts the 150's Speed very little, but knocked as much as 20 MPH off the 125...having owned Them Both, the PCX150 would, for sure, be my starting point for a Larger cc Project..... 8)
Very interesting!
Do you want to upgrade your "cc"?.....200 cc will be wonderfull. PCX150 is highly appreciate by me due to the fact that the mass is under 130 kgs.

Since I have two Forza 300 Scooters on order, I'm leaving the PCX150 "stock"....I figure the Forza will give me my "Power Fix" on various occasions..... :lol:
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
Carpathian hawk wrote:
Very interesting!

Since I have two Forza 300 Scooters on order, I'm leaving the PCX150 "stock"....I figure the Forza will give me my "Power Fix" on various occasions..... :lol:

I had a tweaked Gilera Runner 180 until recently. It was fast for a scooter but it kind of took all the fun out of it

Don't get me wrong, it was a laugh but part of the fun of a scooter is either pottering along or maintaining speed.