The Ghost of the PCX Beckons . . ..

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

The Ghost of the PCX Beckons . . ..

Post by Old Grinner »

I dunno . . .. :?

I miss having my PCX.

Wish Honda would introduce the next evolution for the U.S.A. by next June. Even an ADV150 would be worth a look also.

Would be interesting to discover if the rumors about the new 4 valve V-Tech engine design are actually true. Having more punch to run like the Yamaha SMax/NMax and reach speeds in the realm of 70 MPH would be a plus for sure and make the Honda more competitive in the market . . . for what the market is here at this time. :|

Now that I've got the XMax for the longer rides and to take a passenger when needed I wouldn't mind getting back into another PCX for the more local stuff. But it would have to have an improved seat (even a little bit better would be huge) and definitely not "Bronze". Bring back the white, red, or blueish black selections. ;)

My Zuma 125 is great for Winter riding and the occasional off road adventures. It's a keeper for sure. :D

I could see the possibility of saying "Good Bye" to my motorcycles and just riding all scooters all the time. The bikes are old but in really good shape so I know they would sell or be OK to trade.

Time will tell. The dreams go on . . .. :roll:

Wouldn't it be cool if Honda reintroduced a technologically updated version of the old 305 Dream? And even kept the kick start?

It would be like the new "Super Cub 125" on steroids. Old things become new . . .. How cool is that!!! 8)

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: The Ghost of the PCX Beckons . . ..

Post by gn2 »

Vtec rumours are bullshyte.
Won't happen.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i visited an adventure rider forum and the guys there think the ADV 150 will be coming here next year. With winter coming hold off for a while and see if it happens. With all the gravel roads around my house im buying one if it happens
luciddream2
Year: 2013
Color: RED

Post by luciddream2 »

I love your idea about the Honda Dream coming back in a "new, updated model"! Problem is it would have the new updated price as well.
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Closese is I think the Honda cb500f
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Considering the continued "non-eventful" activity in scooter offerings for the U.S. from Honda it will be interesting to see if Honda skips a year in 2020 for the PCX in America or offers both it and an ADV 150. Time will tell . . ..

My local dealer still has two 2019 non-ABS models in stock.

Honda claims the new model has better material in the seat for added comfort. But it still looks the same.

If the 2019's become NOS leftovers and can be had at a good discount I think it would be worth a trip to the showroom to have a look-see and comfort check. :D

The big news now of course is the "Super Cub 125" but still not seeing any in my state. The marketing analysts must be busy with their calculators as the demand remains fickle. :roll:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

My local dealer still has two 2019 non-ABS models in stock.
I just checked their website again today . . ..

Make that "one" 2019 non-ABS model left in stock. :D

Looks like they sold a couple of scooters this week. They carry Kymco scoots also.

Somebody is going to save big $$ on gas. ;)
luciddream2
Color: RED

Post by luciddream2 »

Honda is supposed to unveil the 2020 Honda CT125 at the Tokyo Auto Show. I hope they start producing them and we get it here in the US.
Attachments
honda-ct125.jpg
honda-ct125.jpg (110.69 KiB) Viewed 497 times