2019 model - Buzzing - ABS?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Puckers
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Re: 2019 model - Buzzing - ABS?

Post by Puckers »

Hi Guys, new to this forum as have just purchased my 2019 PCX125.

Mine made that sound as i drove it off the dealer front, and dealer told me the noise is normal, and is the auto ABS test

Cheers

Puckers
Paul
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

Post by Paul »

Hi everyone. I am a new participant in this forum. I bought my dream PCX 125 scooter to celebrate my 50th birthday. This is really good scooter (I considered PCX and Nmax), but this annoying buzz ruined all the joy of buying PCX.
I asked my dealer where this sound comes from (always appears when start riding after the first ignition and when going through a large inequality)? It turns out that the source of the sound is a modulator unit built into the ABS system which is responsible for controlling the pressure in the brake system. Thus, according to Honda, this is a symptom of normal operation of the braking system with ABS.
It does not change the fact that these sounds are very irritating and in my opinion should not occur in a scooter, which is to be the European leader of the segment and which was produced by a reputable company.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

The keyless ignition and now this are putting me off buying a new one, albeit happy with my '14 reg LED model.
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

Paul wrote:I asked my dealer where this sound comes from (always appears when start riding after the first ignition and when going through a large inequality)? It turns out that the source of the sound is a modulator unit built into the ABS system which is responsible for controlling the pressure in the brake system. Thus, according to Honda, this is a symptom of normal operation of the braking system with ABS.
It does not change the fact that these sounds are very irritating and in my opinion should not occur in a scooter, which is to be the European leader of the segment and which was produced by a reputable company.
I'd guess the sound (after the initialization process) is to let you know the ABS system is actually doing something and that you probably don't have as much traction as you think you do. It's analogous to the stick shaker on a modern aircraft that warns the pilot there's a problem. People tend to ignore warning lights.

If it's constantly going off then either you have a system fault of some kind and it needs a trip back to the dealer or you're riding in conditions you shouldn't.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Paul wrote:Hi everyone. I am a new participant in this forum. I bought my dream PCX 125 scooter to celebrate my 50th birthday. This is really good scooter (I considered PCX and Nmax), but this annoying buzz ruined all the joy of buying PCX.
I asked my dealer where this sound comes from (always appears when start riding after the first ignition and when going through a large inequality)? It turns out that the source of the sound is a modulator unit built into the ABS system which is responsible for controlling the pressure in the brake system. Thus, according to Honda, this is a symptom of normal operation of the braking system with ABS.

Disconnect it if it's going to make you blub every time you start the bike.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

you you wrote:

Disconnect it if it's going to make you blub every time you start the bike.
Agreed, I'm not sure I buy the fact that a loud buzzing sound is normal. I've never heard it mentioned in any of the 2019 YouTube reviews of the PCX. I would call the distributor customer relations and ask them. If it's something that is standard, a fuse pull should take care of the problem and negate ABS.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

I don't under what all the fuss is about it a buzz that last one second. You make it sounds like a buzz that goes on for hours.I have never found it annoying even when I first heard it.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

iceman wrote:The keyless ignition and now this are putting me off buying a new one, albeit happy with my '14 reg LED model.
Most new cars are keyless you still have to have your keys to start them, I guess it's just the way things are going.
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cnikonpete »

As my last (thankfully some say) comment on this, no one is blubbing,there is no fuss. A new owner is raising a concern that he wants advice about.
I thought that this forum is about helping other members,not denigrating their concerns.

However,if people have never been in need of help or advice because they are so superior,it must be difficult to understand mere mortals,so please accept my apology that is completely insincere
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

cnikonpete wrote:As my last (thankfully some say) comment on this, no one is blubbing,there is no fuss. A new owner is raising a concern that he wants advice about.
I thought that this forum is about helping other members,not denigrating their concerns.

However,if people have never been in need of help or advice because they are so superior,it must be difficult to understand mere mortals,so please accept my apology that is completely insincere

:lol: I’m welling up a little..
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cnikonpete »

No that’s just your hand sticky again
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

cnikonpete wrote:No that’s just your hand sticky again

:lol: you are silly
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

It is the ABS set up mode. Each time you start the ignition off.on it resets the values.
After few wheel cycles it adjusts to the wheel marks.
This will also happen if going of hard bumps but without light in action.
Great feature for PCX. Even drum at the back is better solution as it is hard to lock.
At low speeds I prefer the rear brake.
Antjp

Post by Antjp »

I’ve not had much luck with my ABS from Brand new. I had to wait over 1 month for my pcx because of a abs problem from new. A new module was fitted. I now have a flashing ABS light every now and then during a ride. That buzzing doesn’t happen at all, and when it does buzz, it sounds broken.
On the plus side it does save the abs faults, so when I took it into the dealer to be looked at on its 1st service, (the light was off), but they did know that i wasn’t making things up because it does save the faults luckily :roll:
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Antjp - the sale of goods act is supposed to protect you, for up to six years, for faulty workmanship or faulty products, but so many people have to put up with faulty bikes, cars, etc. I'd write to the manager and Honda, state your case, so you keep being fobbed off with a clearly faulty product, and say you will invoke the sale of goods act if they do not honour the law in this country as you have had issues from new.
jrewillis
Color: Red

Post by jrewillis »

cnikonpete wrote:Is ffs what it’s called?

Have you got a 2019 PCX 125 or heard it?

The only car manufacturer that would have had a check this loud would have been Ford with their model T
My wife's 2010 focus has an ABS self test "clunk" on first driving off from cold. At 6mph. Exactly the same speed as the PCX. it's an ABS self test. Simple.