Mods on my PCX 125

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Mods on my PCX 125

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I have my stock variator, an NCY variator, and a Yuminashi variator. They are all three the same diameter and all three have the belt go just past the top of the variator. The size of he variator has nothing to do with it. With the stock variator on the stand the bike will do 70mph. With the NCY on the stand the bike will do 78mph. With the Yuminashi on the stand the bike will do 81mph. With the yuminashi and the KN Planning torque cam the bike will do 89mph on the stand. The speedo is accurate to gps at 75mph. Size has nothing to do with it. It's the length and profile on the ramps in the variator.
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Re: Mods on my PCX 125

Post by wingz »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I have my stock variator, an NCY variator, and a Yuminashi variator. They are all three the same diameter and all three have the belt go just past the top of the variator. The size of he variator has nothing to do with it. With the stock variator on the stand the bike will do 70mph. With the NCY on the stand the bike will do 78mph. With the Yuminashi on the stand the bike will do 81mph. With the yuminashi and the KN Planning torque cam the bike will do 89mph on the stand. The speedo is accurate to gps at 75mph. Size has nothing to do with it. It's the length and profile on the ramps in the variator.
The gear ratio is the same as the ratio of front to rear diameters the belt runs at.
Sure they all run "just past the top of the variator" but they have to run at different diameters to give a different top speed.
This is fundamental physics.

I'm keen to check out what is available in terms of slightly shorter belts.
A shorter belt would run further in on the rear pulley for any given diameter on the front pulley.