Our Red 2011 Honda PCX125 & Rack (Morris, Illinois)

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Our Red 2011 Honda PCX125 & Rack (Morris, Illinois)

Post by maddiedog »

>_<

That was an awful pun. Please don't quit your day job. :lol: :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:>_<

That was an awful pun. Please don't quit your day job. :lol: :lol:

I bet you pick it up and use it though :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm Lost, & better off that way (I'm sure-sure 'bout that ;) No need to explain MrNoSun :lol: Excuse me, I Did infact see a shadow (giving wider grin). Padded walls? That def made me LOL. Ezy qed, just funin' here!
Dave it just seems like a better tire fit to me, not terribly needed, just allows for strapping up without extra person. Taller narrower chock would act as a security blanket (to me) I suppose.

Hey! You still out there Jim? You can just about say anything you want here, it's Your thread and everyone's goofin' round! Say something crazy and throw them all off :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
vanbibj
Year: 2011 PCX 125
Color: Red

Post by vanbibj »

WhiteNoise wrote:PIA :lol: Thanks Jim, great replies to my questions. Your scoot looks very cozy, safe secure especially with your front wheel locked in before and aft. I just took a look at that simple to install and use LED strip too, good price and good lighting.
Here's what I've been wondering about: I have a Versa Haul and I've been looking on the www. for a chock that might adapt to it (similar to yours) that will install without a lot of fuss (i.e. custom welding). I'd like to be able to lock her in fully too, and then strap down. Any thoughts or ideas of what might work? :roll:
Here's a recent pic of mine. The chock has two mounting positions to choose from (if that helps).
Hey, WhiteNoise, I like your Versa Haul rack....is that custom lighting you added to it?(I like it) As far as your chock dilemma, only thing I could recommend would be to find a good metal fabricator(maybe a custom motorcycle builder) and go and show him your Versa Haul rack and maybe a picture of my chock and see what he can come up with. Obviously you're going to have to be willing to drill at least a couple holes in the sides of the top lip of the rack where the custom chock will attach with bolts & nuts....this will be the pivot point as the front wheel of your scoot rolls over it. Although, I agree with maddiedog in that it looks like your rack is just fine and as long as you ratchet it down correctly, you should have no problems with the scoot staying secure. Have you had problems with the scooter staying stable on the rack?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

No Jim, it's all good. I just like the chock idea. The brake lighting you see on mine is a kit versa haul sells as an option. The mounting holes are there (if I remember right, they were knockouts). Routing the wire inside was a bit of a pita, but once done they worked! (Nice!)
Thanks for your idea, there is a metal fabricator near so I'll keep that in mind. Winter seems to be coming fast (either that, or I am just spoiled from living in FL.... these fall days are cold to me). Not riding in winter will be strange,...very strange :cry:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

happy & safe riding.