Honda PCX 1/4 mile

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Honda PCX 1/4 mile

Post by chicaboo »

13.601s @ 146kph:

A very wobbly 13.476s with botched launch...
How much faster can he go with a clean pass?:

So it turns out orange just might be the fastest colour?
Seriously, does that thing even run a PCX engine still? o_O
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Honda PCX 1/4 mile

Post by PCX150Rider »

That's the first time I ever saw a PCX drag race. . .the sound of thunder echos below the 2-strokes. 8)

The 50cc racing scooters/mopeds are grin material also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8h8k3ngI4

Nothing like a nice ride in the country on a sunny day. . . :D

Every time I look in my garage I stare at the open space where my PCX will be. . .someday. . . :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

The vids
If I were younger, I'd say cool man!
But I'm older. I say crazy man!

Disney should simulate these rides? Now there's a thought? No one does an amusement ride better than DISNEY(Land/World) - Period
Does it already exist? Yes? Then pack your bags, we're going 8) Group ride - Woot!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

What the heck! That's the first video's I've seen of that too. Are we to believe these are PCX's? But yeah tiny rubber, little people and what ever they've done to the engines... I guess that's PCX drag racing :)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Yep, tiny and fast, you could call them, ...Drag Queens?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Disney should simulate these rides? Now there's a thought? No one does an amusement ride better than DISNEY(Land/World) - Period
It's possible I bet using "Virtual Reality" equipment. Have a room like a move theater and place fake scooters/motorcycles in it. Have various seat heights and styles to accommodate accessibility. Build in safety features so they can't fall off and get hurt. . .the machines are going to have to move somewhat. . .but nothing much more than a Merry Go Round at a carnival. . .just different. Give each person a Virtual Reality head set to wear after they mount their machine. Let the games begin. . .

I don't know if there's anything like that or not but there are attempts already with 360VR and some other software types.

Great idea!

Never been to a Disney Park but I've never heard anyone complain who has attended one. :D

Oh. . .as a side note, CT is discussing bringing back the motorcycle helmet law again. . .which means if they pass it then anyone riding a motor scooter or motorcycle in CT will have to wear one again. It doesn't make any difference to me because I wear one almost always anyhow. Part of the reason is that personal injuries could be reduced that result in huge medical bills and permanent disabilities. CT repealed the old helmet law back in 1976. . .but the traffic was less congested then and there weren't cell phones (distracted drivers) or quite so many people/elderly on medication who maybe shouldn't be driving or don't want to give it up for fear of losing their individual freedom to "get out of the house", and people in a hurry running short on time and speeding in thickly settled residential areas.
distracted.jpg
distracted.jpg (23.66 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

This drag PCX is running a little rich: o_O

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Reminds me of the younger days where we used to push my 110cc yamaha past its capability.

The poor little bike was bored up to the biggest piston it could take, fed with the biggest fuel it could swallow (big carb), changed into a no rev limit CDI, increased the valves sizes and camshaft lifts and thinner tires.

Took off like a jet in a quarter mile race, but is surely no good in everyday commute..

photo not my bike, but similar model and look..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

alx123 wrote:The poor little bike was bored up to the biggest piston it could take, fed with the biggest fuel it could swallow (big carb), changed into a no rev limit CDI, increased the valves sizes and camshaft lifts and thinner tires.
That's the most romantic thing I've ever read. It sounds like the elephant and the flea. :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

0:34 look at his speedometer 160 o_O
Wish I could add all that up, I'm thinking close to 15,000 dollars :lol:

Notice after all that he still likes the stock seat and windscreen... LIKE ME!!!! Yeah the seat is the bomb MAN ;)

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Not trying to compare apples to oranges but at Bangkok Harley Davidson a 2016 Sportster Forty Eight went for around the equivalent of $25,000 U.S. dollars, or around $900,000 THB. That is about double the price in the U.S.. The new "Roadster" would be around that price also. . .and frankly of all the Sportsters I think it's the best. . .but that's just my opinion.

A new PCX 150 (including the fees) OTD price in Thailand is roughly 81,000 THB or approximately $2,400 U.S. dollars. We pay close to $4,000 OTD here for a new PCX which is considerably more than in Thailand. . .but not bad by our standards.

These figures are ballpark. . .not exact but are close enough to give you an idea of how much of a sacrifice it is for a Thai customer to buy a Sportster compared to a PCX. And I think it goes without saying that the HD will end up costing a lot more in maintenance and operating cost. . .not to mention theft insurance. . .plus it still would need a pillion, foot pegs, saddlebags, and the list goes on. So when you think about it, for the same price of an HD Forty Eight, 10 families from Thailand could each buy themselves a Honda PCX 150 to ride.

It would be totally awesome if we could get PCX 150's for $2,400 in the U.S.. In that price range though what we have to choose from here now that is anywhere close is the Kymco Like 200i or a Super 8 150X. For slightly more one can get a Genuine Buddy 125, or Bubu as they are known from PGO in Taiwan. But the quality of the Honda product and availability of parts and dealerships is tough to beat. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Agreed... but who can add up all that guys upgrades?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I know what you mean. I would hope there is sponsorship to ease the cost of that build.

And you really have to put your money where it's going to do the most good. . .

The machine is definitely a "big deal" and a key event for all the PCX enthusiasts IMHO. 8)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:0:34 look at his speedometer 160 o_O
Wish I could add all that up, I'm thinking close to 15,000 dollars :lol:
I might be way off, but I wouldn't be surprised if his upgrades are more like $2,000-$3,000 USD - It is that cheap over here.

And my suspicion is the the speedometer is KM/H not MP/H .... that means it is topped at about 100 mph. Not that the bike can or can't do that.

The bike is not one I would choose for myself, but I am still impressed by it. Thanks for post in Homie!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

PCX150Rider wrote:Not trying to compare apples to oranges but at Bangkok Harley Davidson a 2016 Sportster Forty Eight went for around the equivalent of $25,000 U.S. dollars, or around $900,000 THB. That is about double the price in the U.S.. The new "Roadster" would be around that price also. . .and frankly of all the Sportsters I think it's the best. . .but that's just my opinion.

A new PCX 150 (including the fees) OTD price in Thailand is roughly 81,000 THB or approximately $2,400 U.S. dollars. We pay close to $4,000 OTD here for a new PCX which is considerably more than in Thailand. . .but not bad by our standards.

These figures are ballpark. . .not exact but are close enough to give you an idea of how much of a sacrifice it is for a Thai customer to buy a Sportster compared to a PCX. And I think it goes without saying that the HD will end up costing a lot more in maintenance and operating cost. . .not to mention theft insurance. . .plus it still would need a pillion, foot pegs, saddlebags, and the list goes on. So when you think about it, for the same price of an HD Forty Eight, 10 families from Thailand could each buy themselves a Honda PCX 150 to ride.

It would be totally awesome if we could get PCX 150's for $2,400 in the U.S.. In that price range though what we have to choose from here now that is anywhere close is the Kymco Like 200i or a Super 8 150X. For slightly more one can get a Genuine Buddy 125, or Bubu as they are known from PGO in Taiwan. But the quality of the Honda product and availability of parts and dealerships is tough to beat. 8)
I don't know what import duties on motorcycles are here in Thailand, but I know that for cars it varies between 200-300%. If the vehicle is made in Thailand (Honda, Toyota, other?), they are fairly reasonable.

What I have appreciated is the price of accessories here. For example, I only paid the equivalent of $40-$45 USD for my seat. I believe it is over $100 outside of Thailand, plus shipping.

I have considered selling parts from here, but I just don't have the time to invest in it to make it worth the effort.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

It says he spent 1.2 million BHT, right? That's over $34,000 USD.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

chicaboo wrote:It says he spent 1.2 million BHT, right? That's over $34,000 USD.
Then I guess I am wrong on that one. I didn't listen to the whole video as I don't understand Thai. Did he say it in English, or was it a subtitle. If it was a subtitle, I suspect it was a typo. Not sure how you could possibly spend 1.2 million THB even if every single part was replaced piece by piece.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

It's in the subtitles before they do the breakdown in pricing.