Weather/Wind Protection with Stock Windscreen & Front Cover

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Weather/Wind Protection with Stock Windscreen & Front Co

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yesterday it was over 60 degrees F. and sunny here where I live. . .

Today we have a Blizzard and are forecast to get 12 to 18 inches of snow. . .go figure. . .and more snow this weekend.

Sadly I don't think a tall fairing on a PCX would do me any good today. :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Oh, it will do you a lot of good. Just clean the bike up, stand back, and look at that beautiful tall windshield! :-) ...but forget about riding it for awhile.

It is Winter here too. Today it is 45 degrees (F) and the wind is blowing at 20 mph. I don't think very many riders can ride comfortably in this, however I am equally sure that there aren't ANY riders out in your weather. I think I prefer our weather to yours.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

It is Winter here too. Today it is 45 degrees (F) and the wind is blowing at 20 mph. I don't think very many riders can ride comfortably in this, however I am equally sure that there aren't ANY riders out in your weather. I think I prefer our weather to yours.
Nope, no two-wheelers on the roads around here today. Serious accidents on the Interstates and a lot of tractor trailer trucks jack knifed.

Right now I would definitely take your weather. . .a lot of my cousins moved south right after they retired. Not me though. . .I'm here to stay in New England. :lol:

My Ex In-Laws had a house in Greensboro. Not sure if your familiar with the area or not but I remember driving by the Old Jail there (Historical Site). I also got to shop at the Bi Lo Super Market. Picked up some boiled peanuts from a roadside vendor. Yup I've really been there. They also rented a place for a while right on Lake Oconee. . .near the Reynolds Plantation. . .World Class Golf Course. I canoed the lake a bit. Georgia Power used to drain the lake for the hydraulic power station and then pump it back up again daily. You could notice the change in depth. . .

Sorry, I'm rambling but I remember how freaking hot it was there in the summer too. And those ant mounds . . . wow. . . :o

I got to visit some cool places though while I was down there. The Coca Cola Museum, The Underground, Atlanta Zoo, drove by the Ebenezer Baptist Church where Martin Luther King use to preach, Andersonville, and Hard Labor Creek State Park to mention a few.

So one thing for sure is you won't have to wait as long as I will to start spending some serious time riding on your PCX. I still ride daily (weather permitting :lol: ) but for short hauls. Maybe around St. Patrick's Day I can get back into doing a 30 miler on one of my motorcycles. But I'm psyched to get the PCX. The thing that's nice about the scooters is you can just get on 'em and go. No ritual to start them up and muscle them around out of the garage. Plus the utility value is a premium.

We are in for about another 3 inches of snow tomorrow. . .and then maybe another precipitation event Sunday night into Monday. . .can't wait. o_O

Every time I hear that Ray Charles song it takes me back. . .oh yeah. . .I forgot about all the pine trees too. :D