Black PCX on the way

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Black PCX on the way

Post by ItsaHonda »

I'd also like to know why the U.S. models have to have the turn signal stalks rather than integrated into the headlight. Ditto for the rear turn signals as well. I feel like we always get duped... lol.

Nice PCX, btw... definitely looks sharp in black with that windscreen and top box! The more I ride mine, the closer I get to wanting a taller windscreen.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I guess there is a US regulation about the minimum width apart for indicators and the rest of the world doesnt care as long as one on each side. As to why they got rid of the Idle stop function, who knows. Its brilliant to be at traffic lights with the engine stopped...
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

I just use the kill switch if I'm at a long light or waiting for a train to substitute for the lack of the idle stop feature. The biggest problem I have at traffic lights are the road sensors not recognizing my weight if I am first at the light... so I have to make a right turn and then do a U-turn. If the sensors don't sense a vehicle, the light will never change from red to green. I try to wait for a car to get to the light first, but early in the am there just aren't too many people on the road yet in some areas I ride through.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

ItsaHonda wrote:I just use the kill switch if I'm at a long light or waiting for a train to substitute for the lack of the idle stop feature. The biggest problem I have at traffic lights are the road sensors not recognizing my weight if I am first at the light... so I have to make a right turn and then do a U-turn.
Doesn’t the idle stop switch occupy the space normally used by the kill switch? I’m supposing our overreaching government prevented the change. Why does my bike require a kill switch that I’ve never seen on a car???

I used the kill switch at long lights until I learned the kill switch kills your headlights too. Not good, especially at night. I’ve since learned that dropping the side stand kills the engine without killing the lights, so that’s the new plan.

Some states acknowledge that small bikes don’t have enough street presence to trip traffic signals. If after sitting at a light for a “reasonable” length of time the light doesn’t change, you can legally proceed as if it is a flashing red. Don’t know if that law is in effect in FL, but I have used it here in MO.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Taz wrote:I guess there is a US regulation about the minimum width apart for indicators and the rest of the world doesnt care as long as one on each side. As to why they got rid of the Idle stop function, who knows. Its brilliant to be at traffic lights with the engine stopped...
The lights issue is becuase US regulations specify that the indicators must be separated by a minimum distance from the head and tail lights.
The standard PCX design does not conform to this distance limit.
The idle stop issue is caused by ignorance on the part of the US legislature and the unwillingness of Honda to educate them and/or deal with any legal issues arising from idiots making mistakes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Taz wrote:I guess there is a US regulation about the minimum width apart for indicators and the rest of the world doesnt care as long as one on each side. As to why they got rid of the Idle stop function, who knows. Its brilliant to be at traffic lights with the engine stopped...
The lights issue is becuase US regulations specify that the indicators must be separated by a minimum distance from the head and tail lights.
The standard PCX design does not conform to this distance limit.
The idle stop issue is caused by ignorance on the part of the US legislature and the unwillingness of Honda to educate them and/or deal with any legal issues arising from idiots making mistakes.

It is hard to think of what mistake could be made with the idle stop system than isn't greater than one that could be made with the kill switch
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Rhodgie wrote:djcat that's a very nice screen.... can you tell me where you got it cause i couldn't find it online :-(

The Mod scooter in the first picture.... I'd love to see him do an emergency stop.... it'd be like a cartoon sketch with it going over on its nose...... haha :-)

Also I've noticed that on the American models they have old fashioned indicators (blinkers?) on stalks instead of the nicely integrated ones we have in the UK.... was gony put a picture of the wifes pcx up but no sure if it'll work from my phone.....!
Thanks :) I got mine here: http://www.same-same.fr/pare-brise-scoo ... anguage=en

its the smoked one.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I had the short Ermax for a bit before I sold it, I got it from same-same.fr also.

The black PCX with smoked shield and black topcase looks very sleek. I like it.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes