Waterpump seal

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Waterpump seal

Post by JaeMelo »

Perhaps a picture of my spare would be of some help? Are you by any chance talking about the black o-ring seen in the picture?! If not could you possibly point out where to so one of us can help?
Attachments
WIN_20170109_21_52_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170109_21_52_03_Pro.jpg (691.3 KiB) Viewed 757 times
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: Waterpump seal

Post by aguim »

Jae,

I thought these pumps were good for life. What other parts do you also keep as spares?
Have you no trust in god Honda? ((I'm a true believer and wouldn't dare carry a new spark plug,
haha).
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

aguim I see you say northern Ontario, are you rolling a cigarette and drinking a beer?
Maybe listening to some Neil Young?
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

relic, I have stopped the smoking+drinking altogether. Not from virtue, but necessity (I'd be
dead otherwise). As a consequence, I also lost all appetite for rock'n roll of any type (but gained
about 5 pounds from candy abuse). You can imagine the sadness of it all...

I envy you permissives with all my heart.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

I quit drinking 16 years ago,lasted 10 years, found myself being a miserable prick.
Also ended up with kidney stones from drinking too much milk, and huge gut aches from candy.
So went back to the beer cigarette routine, rock and roll sounds good again.
Flip Flop And Fly I don't care if I die.
I'm an older gent and still can shovel the snow out of my fairly large driveway, so what the hell.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

eric, who is this bon-vivant on your avatar? I was born in Québec, but I'm sure I saw this guy on
TV, oh, that was eons ago...Sure looks like this guy wouldn't give a sh.t about candy, innit.
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Post by JaeMelo »

Damn was I really this drunk?! I intended to reply to a thread post but instead created a new thread lol. You guys are probably like what the heck is this guy jabbering on about haha.

@ aguim Everything breaks and fails at some point lol. Learned the hard way from owning this car. I'm sure the bearings in the factory waterpump will dry up and start to make noise at some point. I just like to have spares on hand so if something were to break I could fix it immediately vs's waiting weeks on end for our local bike shop to order parts from Thailand. Also to address your other question I have spares of belts, rollers, spark plugs, and all the sensors needed to keep the engine running. like the o2, water temp sensor, TPS ect. If & when they fail and give me cold/warm running issues I'll be ready ;)