Florida keys...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Florida keys...

Post by homie »

Just returned to Chicago... what did I miss?

Thousands of junk scooters but not one Honda PCX did is see in the city of Key West Florida, whats up with that? So I went to Miami home of the Vespa. Ask a local scooter dealer why buy the Vespa over the much less expensive PCX? He say's its all about style and see's few PCX's on Miami beach, but at least he had heard of PCX.

So that's the report and it looks like Vespa is KING in Miami town.
Attachments
vespa.jpg
vespa.jpg (6.66 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (101 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Florida keys...

Post by Mel46 »

I know there are SOME PCX scooters in Miami but the sales guy is right. Vespas has made its name from old European movies and in Miami in the 1960s. It is going to be hard to beat an icon, even though it isn't as much fun as people think. If we move to Florida our PCX 150s will come with us, whether Vespas are more popular or not.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I don't even think the Vespa is that nice looking or stylish - ok for what it is. I'd rather ride a Vision 110 than that Vespa, or PCX above either.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

homie wrote:
So that's the report and it looks like Vespa is KING in Miami town.
People are STUPID... I am in Miami and would not even consider a Vespa.... I also like the looks of the PCX much better, which is just icing on the cake.

I know that puts me in the minority, I am one of the few people that is actually capable of change based on facts, learning something new, and not just copying what everyone else does.

Sorry to hear you are back in Chicago, it is both cold, and a 10 times more chance of getting shot... Maybe I will go for a ride on my SH150i today, high temperature will be about 83 degrees :D

Mike
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

iceman wrote:I don't even think the Vespa is that nice looking or stylish - ok for what it is. I'd rather ride a Vision 110 than that Vespa, or PCX above either.
i do ride a Honda vision 110,and its brilliant,cant give this little scoot,enough praise.it does what it does.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

It was kinda ridiculous and sad to see these Vespa's on the causeway and expressway's into Miami. Under powered and looking awkwardly unstable I was nervous for the riders and of course no helmet law and only the segway tours had helmets on Miami beach which must be part of the contract requirement.

and yes Mikey, we do shoot your ass in Chicago town if you get out of line so... respect it!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

It doesn't even seem that you need to get out of line...
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by GlassMan »

Hey Homie, Welcome Back. Well there will be at least 1 more PCX in Florida....I'm giving my '15 to my nephew who is moving to Orlando so he can get around (school). But FEAR NOT !!! I'm buying myself a 2017 in White (it is STILL the fastest color Lol !)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Hi homie.

CapitaliSAtion took hold in your absence.

But nothing really happened. Welcome back.

When are you going to holiday in a real place? Even we fly having been flying out to Florida from the early 80s.....
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

GlassMan wrote:Hey Homie, Welcome Back. Well there will be at least 1 more PCX in Florida....I'm giving my '15 to my nephew who is moving to Orlando so he can get around (school). But FEAR NOT !!! I'm buying myself a 2017 in White (it is STILL the fastest color Lol !)
I would think these Floridian's around Miami would like to have a pillion rider or at least a chance to take a passenger now and then. I don't see how you can pick up a nice girl, guy or drag queen on a Vespa. They seemed so tiny and why 1500.00 more for the little scoot, must be built well.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:nothing really happened. Welcome back.
When are you going to holiday in a real place? Even we fly having been flying out to Florida from the early 80s.....
I'm glad no one fell off, It's my son who likes to venture overseas not me. That's why I like you guys to show me pictures of your landscapes and culture in this forum. The boy will student exchange over by you his senior year if I can't talk him out of it :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote:nothing really happened. Welcome back.
I'm glad no one fell off, It's my son who likes to venture overseas not me. That's why I like you guys to show me pictures of your landscapes and culture in this forum. The boy will student exchange over by you his senior year if I can't talk him out of it :D

I'll take "by you" with a pinch of salt given your knowledge of Europe :D. You do know we are getting further away :)

If he does venture close he can stay with us our our kids free of charge.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Whoa....wait a minute! Ain't this thread called Florida Keys? :roll: A Lizard? that's All We Get? :D and...
I'm reading about Vespa's and Vespa-rado riders. Phooey! Me wants to know it all! I'm WN and I be nosy :lol:

Rent a scoot? And where did ya ride there homie me pal...whadda see and enjoy?
We can surely start at the Southern Most Point of zero miles :P and the Beautiful sunsets standing right there! What about Duval Street...any comments? How was the weather? Did you see an old cemetary? I rode a rented scooter through there (bad of me, I know :oops: ). How's about those damn chickens n rooster's everywhere and the 6 toed cats at Hemingway's? Did ya take the train/trolley thingy about? Ride a catamaran or hang yer hat with Jimmy Buffet?

And last but not least.....
:? Where's the photo shoot? Pics! We need pics or this trip didn't happen! :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Whoa....wait a minute! Ain't this thread called Florida Keys? :roll: A Lizard? that's All We Get? :D and... I'm reading about Vespa's and Vespa-rado riders. Phooey! Me wants to know it all! I'm WN and I be nosy :lol:
Sorry WN, having moved to Chicago from FLA I don't bother to take Florida pictures. If there were any PCX's I might have thought to take a few. I will share a picture I'm working on today that has an interesting story behind it :roll:

We took the mother-in-law and a cousin on this trip, rented a big house and stayed very busy each day non-stop. However grandma had fallen prior to her flight departure and said nothing about the incident. After returning home we hear she had a visit to the hospital for two broken ribs o_O OMG I don't know what we are going to do with her, soooooo bull headed. Some elderly people are determined not to miss a thing no matter their condition.

So I'm editing her pictures to reflect the tough old bird she is ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gx_UPrY7lA
Attachments
Thug Life.jpg
Thug Life.jpg (230.08 KiB) Viewed 946 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:If he does venture close he can stay with us and our kids free of charge.
Thanks youyou, I know you have standing invitation... room and board for visitors. For sure I would hang out with you and your peeps.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The only problem with hanging with you you would be that he could rub off on you. Oh, and you would come back to the good old USA and be determined to drive on the wrong side of the road from the rest of us. When the cop would stop you, you would blame it on you you. Thus, you you would become infamous without leaving his living room. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers