Top Box Fitting

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RedBaron

Top Box Fitting

Post by RedBaron »

I know on the old models you had to remove and drill into the plastic fairing to install a top box. i thought this had changed with the new models but looking at Givi fitting instructions it's still showing some drilling is needed.

I'd rather buy and install my own box and not pay dealers expensive price but no way I'm risking doing any drilling.

Can anyone advise?
RedBaron

Re: Top Box Fitting

Post by RedBaron »

Okay, ignore. Found the thread that explains it all
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to ya RedBaron :P
Ha!Ha! I once had a RED 1960 Mercury Monterey that I called RedBaron! Big arse car it was, but fun getting into the drive-in theater with All me friends onboard and inboard the trunk. Surely got our money's worth :lol:

Pleasure to have you on our forums. Whilst you found the answer to your question, I found this. I shall post the video here for others to see (someone may have the same question ;)

It's not in English, but I believe this video is so well done that words are not needed

NO cutting, drilling, splicing or dicing on the newer models. Yeh!! I did it, I did! Not kidding, I did :D

Ahh, But you can IF YOU choose to...by drilling through that tupperware piece that gets popped off. Some folks feel their bike a bit naked and exposed to the elements with that piece of plastic permanently removed. So they drill through that piece so it stays in place with their new rack plate atop it. Nice that Honda/Givi gives us the choice 8) Up to you.
Gotta go, Cheerio..........for now
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wait a mini...I forgot to add a link on the SR1136 Givi rack. It's a better price than we're offered here in the U.S. :roll:
http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/produ ... x-125-150/
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Drilling is easy, and if you get it wrong you just buy a new panel.