Help, again. the PCX power supply

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

Help, again. the PCX power supply

Post by doletotodole »

My new PCX has a problem with lighting up when turned to ignition.

Do you gents know which fuse controls the power supply to this junction i.e. "when turned to ignition, the system should light up"?

Thank you.
Attachments
PCX Power.jpg
PCX Power.jpg (170.25 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Help, again. the PCX power supply

Post by doletotodole »

I think most likely should be the "OP", second likely the "ignition fuel pump"
I am not sure. I am thinking the fuse might have a problem.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Hi Doletotodole,

I told you it was not an issue with the keyless system... Given your posts, you do not have even basic knowledge of even basic electrics... I am not trying to trash you, that is just a fact, so you need to recognize when you lack the ability to do something. You telling everyone that the " KEYLESS SYSTEM " is not working had everyone else here but me fooled... You wasted a couple weeks on that false assumption while people here give a bunch of bad / inaccurate opinions on keyless systems... I suggest that you do NOT try to troubleshoot this, it is beyond your skill level, and you are likely to damage / make the problem worse.

I also still believe that it may be something as simple as a bad battery, or loose battery cable somewhere, etc. I think the " help " you got earlier was not competent or good. The good news is, this is probably not hard. If you find someone that understands electrics, and knows what they are doing, all this testing would be very easy and done in A FEW MINUTES....

You have spent weeks on what I could tell you after looking at the scooter for 10 minutes with some very basic equipment that any shop would have... Even though I do not know the PCX systems, this is basic stuff, not hard. I could either get it fixed quickly ( most likely ), or give you the answer that you have a more complicated problem somewhere else ( not likely )... Find someone that understands electrics, and you will get a lot more good information, and maybe even easily fixed.

Mike
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

We were not fooled, just trying to help with the info we were given - and in a nice way. Since then it's become apparent it's something else - so most of us will try and help were we can - again in a nice way. I believe someone posted a nice copy of the '14 onwards LED circuit diagram but I cannot find the link, however search google (points often to threads here) or try this for starters:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5224
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The amount of silt(?) on the battery and terminals pictured above makes me wonder if this scoot has been for a swim...
Flood victim vehicles became a problem in the state I live in, and are now listed on a register after going through insurance.

Anyhow, it's common for flood victim vehicles not to be thoroughly cleaned in every nook and cranny prior to resale.
That's one of the easy ways to spot them. The worst thing is they tend to suffer from electrical faults and some engine damage.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

New = warranty?
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

iceman wrote:We were not fooled, just trying to help with the info we were given - and in a nice way.
I ready EXACTLY the same info you did, and I instantly knew it was wrong. You, and everyone else went on a wild goose chase that was of no help to him. You posted, and I QUOTE:

" More reasons to keep with the old trusted and simple key system - more gadgetry to go wrong, the issue or a coded replacement should the original fail or you somehow lose it, batteries running out (ok, carry one on you or in the glove box but still) "

So yes, you were absolutely fooled. Why the need to lie about not being fooled now ???

" Feel Good " solutions are not solution. It is always better to tell people the way it is, not participate in a belief that was so obviously wrong.

Mike
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Have I missed something?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

JP - Lie? - what is wrong with you - always agressive and rude in every reply or post you make. I stand by what I wrote in regard more to go wrong even if it was nothing to do with this particular fault.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

@Dole the PCX is fairly simple when it comes to electronics.
If it is a fuse and it has a headlight problem, it is either the 25A main fuse, or the 10A one with "head, turn, stop, meter" written on it.
Here's a wiring diagram for the LED model in this topic http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7040

@JetPilot - I believe that you rolled the ball a bit far on this.
First the OP is not a native English speaker, so this might be alreasy an issue.
Second, the PCX is not sold officially in China - therefore itvis unlikely there would be a dealer or someone who would be an expert on the specific bike.
Chill man. We've spent far more time discussing much less important issues on this forum. I think we should continue supporting someone who has gone beyond measures what us in other countries has to do in order to be able to ride a PCX.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

chicaboo wrote:The amount of silt(?) on the battery and terminals pictured above makes me wonder if this scoot has been for a swim...
Flood victim vehicles became a problem in the state I live in, and are now listed on a register after going through insurance.

Anyhow, it's common for flood victim vehicles not to be thoroughly cleaned in every nook and cranny prior to resale.
That's one of the easy ways to spot them. The worst thing is they tend to suffer from electrical faults and some engine damage.
Thats what I was thinking when I saw the muck in there, wheeled through a shallow river or something?
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

triaxor wrote:
chicaboo wrote:The amount of silt(?) on the battery and terminals pictured above makes me wonder if this scoot has been for a swim...

Thats what I was thinking when I saw the muck in there, wheeled through a shallow river or something?
Maybe it happened while it was in storage awaiting sale in Thailand, and got flooded during a storm?
All of a sudden it's not fit for sale by the dealer, so ends up on the black market to get some return on it?
Or none of the above? Who knows, it just looks suspect to me being so grotty for a virtually new scoot...
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

Hello, Sir, this picture is from my fellow rider, not my PCX.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

Oyabun wrote:@Dole the PCX is fairly simple when it comes to electronics.
If it is a fuse and it has a headlight problem, it is either the 25A main fuse, or the 10A one with "head, turn, stop, meter" written on it.
Here's a wiring diagram for the LED model in this topic http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7040

@JetPilot - I believe that you rolled the ball a bit far on this.
First the OP is not a native English speaker, so this might be alreasy an issue.
Second, the PCX is not sold officially in China - therefore itvis unlikely there would be a dealer or someone who would be an expert on the specific bike.
Chill man. We've spent far more time discussing much less important issues on this forum. I think we should continue supporting someone who has gone beyond measures what us in other countries has to do in order to be able to ride a PCX.
Thank you, Sir.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

Thank you all gents here.

I today got this problem solved.

First, I tried numerous times to start this scoot, finally the system got on, and I couldn't wait to ride it to a suzuki dealer about 10 miles away.

the service gentleman was very kind and helpful, he told me the connections to the battery is totally wrong, and he reconnected them, and the PCX is as good as new.

Extra information: it is not Honda problem, it is the seller's problem, because the battery was not installed when shipped from Honda Thailand, it is the seller who installed the battery before shipping to buyer.

Thank you again. you gentlemen are all very helpful.
and Mike, he is correct all the way. thank you.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

doletotodole wrote:Thank you all gents here.

I today got this problem solved.
Hi Doletotodole,

That is AWESOME NEWS !!! You went to a lot more work than most here ever would to get a Honda PCX, so you deserve to be riding. I think you have one of the best scooters in China :D I hope you get a chance to go out and ride in the country with it also, that is what I do with my scooter ( Honda SH150i ) when I want to relax and get away from everything.

Mike