Motovlog - Lancaster PA to Wilmington DE on my Honda PCX.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Motovlog - Lancaster PA to Wilmington DE on my Honda PCX.

Post by honkerman »

An unanticipated opportunity arose for me to go to a training in Delaware yesterday. When I awoke, the rain of the day before was still wet on the ground, but the sun was shining, the skies were clear and it was over 40 degrees. Not riding the scoot would have been a tragedy, so I mounted up, turned on my camera, and off I went. It was glorious. There were a ton of Amish, and you'll even get to see the Gap Town Clock, exciting, I know! I also bemoan the vagaries of the ubiquitous GPS.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Re: Motovlog - Lancaster PA to Wilmington DE on my Honda PCX

Post by Lafree »

Hi Paul, what make head cam do you use very good recording and do you connect a mic to it as no wind noise, a few years ago I spent time in Lancaster County on a drive from San Francisco with a couple of mates we visited an Amish family to see there way of life. Regards Lafree
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

honkerman wrote:
When I awoke, the rain of the day before was still wet on the ground, but the sun was shining, the skies were clear and it was over 40 degrees.

Hi Honkerman,

Awesome video !!! Thanks for sharing.

I just do not know how you rode in such brutally low temperatures. I never get on a scooter or motorcycle if it is below 75 degrees outside....

Mike
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Lafree wrote:Hi Paul, what make head cam do you use very good recording and do you connect a mic to it as no wind noise, a few years ago I spent time in Lancaster County on a drive from San Francisco with a couple of mates we visited an Amish family to see there way of life. Regards Lafree
I currently use a SENA Prism Tube. It took a while to get the mic placement right, but so long as I keep my commentary to speeds under 50 mph, it seems to do ok. Even between 45 and 50 it starts to degrade, but over 50 it's almost impossible to hear over the exhaust.

Thanks for watching. :D
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

JetPilot wrote:
honkerman wrote:
When I awoke, the rain of the day before was still wet on the ground, but the sun was shining, the skies were clear and it was over 40 degrees.

Hi Honkerman,

Awesome video !!! Thanks for sharing.

I just do not know how you rode in such brutally low temperatures. I never get on a scooter or motorcycle if it is below 75 degrees outside....

Mike
I bundle up. My orange coverall is fantastically warm. I'll ride even in sub-freezing temps, so long as there is no ice on the roads.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube