Introduction

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Introduction

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:
Sandymay wrote: No gear yet...the motorcycle course needs me to have heavy jeans/jean jacket, gloves, boots and a helmet....all things I will source over the winter.
Don't forget the badges, they look great on a white scooter.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

Lol....bring on the badges :D
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

If you have a garage or enclosed shed,I would think winter would be the best time to buy one as as sales quotas are down and pricing will be in your favor during this time.Good luck..This is a nimble bike but stay off the 75 mph interstate highways.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think you will find, after riding it for a short time...like a day or two...that a windshield is necessary. There are a lot of different sizes but many of us have tall ones so that the wind won't be a major pain. Once you get above 10 mph the wind will hit you in the chest and helmet hard enough that you will wonder why you bought the scooter. If you can't get one thrown in by the dealer, see if you can order one and have them put it on.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

One of the reasons we ride motorbike IS the wind in our faces. The sensation of ripping through the atmosphere with or w/out a helmet is exciting, satisfying, exhilarating! Ride with the stock design for a while and then if you don't get it... maybe go get back in the minivan :lol:
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Welcome.

I would second Mel's advice not once but twice: 1) If you use a disc lock make sure you either use a reminder cord or park your machine perpendicular to a parking curb or the wall of a building with the front wheel facing the obstruction; that way, if you forget to remove the disc lock, as you back your bike away from the wall or curb the lock will knock against the forks and you will get a gentle version of what would happen if the lock knocked the forks backed by an ignited engine. If I can't find a parking curb or a wall, I don't use the disc lock--I don't trust the cord reminder. But I can almost always find a thing to park against and so the disc lock goes on. It is easy to use and, I think, a great deterrent. 2) A windshield is really nice to have. Most people who add them don't go back to the "wind in the face" mode. Especially in Canada a windshield is the way to go.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

I love the breeze from riding without a windshield, but might feel differently up in Ontario.

Disc locks are good, IMO
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Thanks ScottDR and Rickjds.. I really loved seeing it in person on the weekend. I got to sit on it too.n The salesman at the Honda store didn't know much about it, which was disappointing. I'm so looking forward to the Spring.

I'm reading lots and learning lots from reading this forum. Thank you to all the members..
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Winter time is bike shopping season. The costs of storing for winter will be more than offset by name your pricing.
:geek:
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Thanks for the tip 87112...but here in Ontario, no PCX can be found in older model years. The closest are out in western Canada. They are on the Honda website, but I was told by my local dealer that's only because some are still in inventory at the western dealers, and can't be ordered.

But, since I'm a complete newbie, I'll need gear, so I'm watching for great buys on that over the winter. And the winter will be a great time to read the manual, these forms, and other PCX literature.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Changed my mind and bought a 2016 Forza today....they were on sale for $1,000 off, the dealer took off another $200, and threw in a cover, and free delivery....and it was red, and beautiful....and I couldn't resist...I got my M1 license on April 13, and am taking the Rider Course in June, which hopefully gets me my M2....

So, I guess I'll be hanging out on the Forza side of the forum.

Thanks everyone for all the advice,

Sandy
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Hi Sandy,
well here's what I got, an 8ft ABUS max security noose chain, the advantage of the noose is it gives you a lot of length to wrap around a pillar or post. This is what I use at home. I coupled this with an Oxford Boss alarm lock. The chain is a bit hard to carry around as it's quite heavy, but the lock is easily transportable and the alarm feature is a great plus, The chain is triple heat treated core hardened square link, the noose part is round but thicker at 14mm, and the BOSS shackle is core hardened 14mm. Course you don't necessarily need an 8ft chain, just throwing out ideas. Another good lock to check out is the Bully alarm/pager lock which has a pager to alert you up to 1/2 mile away is the lock is tampered with, and I still might get one of those for at work.
Attachments
oxford boss.jpg
oxford boss.jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 825 times
abus noose.jpg
abus noose.jpg (102.95 KiB) Viewed 825 times
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy