It's gone

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: It's gone

Post by chicaboo »

Wow, you're not messing about with the wheel locks!
Why not turn the handlebars all the way to the left and also use the steering lock?
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Way cool thing about my PCX... the steering lock works in both directions (and was on when I took the pictures).
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

homie wrote:
DailyRider wrote:Thanks, Homie :)

I'll need another one, unless the first one miraculously returns in good condition.
And stronger anti-theft measures (I'm leaning toward some kind of exploding device, although I'll probably walk
until that temptation passes).

At least they didn't get my helmet.
No exploding device please, we must temper ourselves and have mercy on those less fortunate :roll: Might be time to invest in a Harley product called 'fork cuffs'. I own a pair of these and although youyou would say they were **** and he could torch it off, that hasn't happened to me yet. I have been known to lock the scoot to a bicycle rack or park bench with no ne'er-do-well activity to report. These use the barrel keys so no picking and the steel is formidable :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-8290 ... B0009V1WQQ
Nice buell, I had a uly.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

DailyRider wrote:Way cool thing about my PCX... the steering lock works in both directions (and was on when I took the pictures).
That's super! Does the 2017 US model still have the ignition cover? Or does it have keyless start now?
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

chicaboo wrote:
DailyRider wrote:Way cool thing about my PCX... the steering lock works in both directions (and was on when I took the pictures).
That's super! Does the 2017 US model still have the ignition cover? Or does it have keyless start now?
The 2017 US models still have the shutter
I was disappointed at first, but the shutter is very helpful
Newsasquatch
Regular User
Regular User
Year: N/A
Color: N/A

Post by Newsasquatch »

http://www.trackntrail.net/new_vehicle_ ... 245&go2=Go
@daily rider, maybe you can help me since you've ridden on both years. Can you tell me if anything feels difference between the years.
I'm seeing that the 2017 has CBS (don't know what that is), and the 2017 further has hydraulic shocks. This site also states that there is only one rear shock for the 2015. Does the 2017 take bumps better than a 2015?
Can anyone look at this and tell me what you think? A lot of people
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

This website is wrong, as I said above, the 15,16 and 17 are all the same in all operation respects, same brakes, shocks, engine etc. cbs is combined breaking, they both have it. read about it on the Honda site
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ouu..you just reminded me! My insurance with Progressive renews every 6 mos./aka/S.A.=semi-annually. I just got mine. After reviewing their included endorsements I noticed that I could get a theft discount...I read the small print ;)
Anywho, I immediately gave them a call and brought my steering lock and ignition shutter cover to their attention. At first the rep was in question, so I assured her by reading their words straight off their discount endorsement page. Word for word. No argument, no altering, no twisting of words. I got it!

Woot! On the spot savings! Granted it was only $6.00 S.A (better is $12.00 Annually).
Heh! Sumtin's better than Nutin's, I'll take it! :D

So look at your policies folks, or make that call....if you have theft cvg, then make sure you get what you Pay for!

You sound very happy DR Cheers to You and your Spanky New 2017 Sexy Deeeep Blue :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chigman

Post by chigman »

These are the chains you want. I have a 16mm one with squire lock on mine, along with disc lock and a Abus Granite Extreme D - Lock. The chain is locked through the rear wheel and through a chemically fixed wall anchor. I don't want the barstewards nicking my scoot :D

Expensive defence system yes, but it's working so far. ;)

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/Default.aspx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abus-Granit-Ex ... B000OYHNU2

Steve
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

For News, my excellent sales lady told me that there were only minor differences between my old one (2015) and this 2017. The biggest thing is a change in the headlights (maybe their alignment?).

The ride seems smoother, but I think that's because of the "first 500 mile break-in" fluids and because they deliberately underinflated the tires to make them stickier until they get a little worn.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

@member News, hey you! I thought ya'll were in a big hurry to buy transportation/PCX?
Seems to me You're slowing down the process. Why ask the same questions? You may miss the dream price/scoot via Procrastination. Try to stop worrying so much, we got your back. Get one and ride one!

With respect I say, How's that for getting to the point! Time to take the next step ;) You'll be happy you did!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Newsasquatch
Regular User
Regular User
Year: N/A
Color: N/A

Post by Newsasquatch »

Haha thanks, you've all assuaged my fears. I'm a student at a university overy here and a lot of my professors get really annoyed by me with my neurotic questions. I don't like to leave room for mistakes, but I understand I'm crazy when I'm doing it lol. It was hard, and I know I pestered but I'm so excited to get one. Thanks and sorry for briefly hijacking your thread DR!
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

It's okay News, I'm that way myself
They're lovely little scooters and I don't think there has been much change since 2014