5000 mile service

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

5000 mile service

Post by outlander »

At the 5000 mile service, did you have to replace anything?

I am just trying to find out prior to doing the service myself.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Re: 5000 mile service

Post by Wingscribe »

I just did mine myself, changed the oil, tires and shocks (you can view the thread if you wish - http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6315).

I did not do the gear oil or check the valves - I'll let my dealer mess with that at the 10K at the end of the season.

Some may debate, but changing the oil is very important to me - drilled into my head at a young age...

Is there something broken on your scoot, or do you just want to make sure you are dotting "t"s and crossing "i"s?

Mike
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

Its the brake pads and shoes I am concerned about. The front brake fluid res is close to the low line. However I fitted handlebar risers and adjusted rake of thr handlebars so it is not stock position. It is hard to see how much brake pad is left.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

outlander wrote:Its the brake pads and shoes I am concerned about. The front brake fluid res is close to the low line. However I fitted handlebar risers and adjusted rake of thr handlebars so it is not stock position. It is hard to see how much brake pad is left.
I believe you need to turn the handlebars to the left to get a true reading of the level - if the bike is upright or on the centre stand it reads low (manual seems to be wrong in not advising of this).