Drive Belt Life (and death)

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Even though, SH300i 2016 carries the engine of Forza 300 (plus Euro 4 emission standard approval). Drive belt of SH300i 2016 is 23100-KTW-901 (BANDO) with a service interval of 24000km...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Drive Belt Life (and death)

Post by gn2 »

If the new model SH300 (the one with keyless ignition and bigger underseat storage) has the same service and belt change interval as the Forza 300 that means the Bando belt should be as good and last as long as a Mitsuboshi one.
Happy days.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

gn2 wrote:Well I ordered and paid for a 23100-K04-931 from Bikerz Bits but got a 23100-KTW-901 delivered.
It'll get me back on the road for a fraction of what I would have paid a UK Honda parts supplier and the delivery from Thailand was a very respectable nine days.
Did you have to pay Vat and duty?
The last couple of parts I got from Webike I had to and they spent more time in the customs at Coventry than it did getting there from Japan.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Alibally wrote:Did you have to pay Vat and duty?
Nope, not a penny, well not yet anyway.
The postie just handed over the neatly tied up parcel box and I signed for it in the usual way as if it were a local delivery.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

That's good then. I think it depends on what its declared as on the package.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Custom declaration label was filled out as a motorcycle spare part costing £29
The box was very small and light, just a bit bigger than a DVD case (remember them) and about two inches deep.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Well four weeks later its first day of my holiday and I finally got around to fitting the new belt.
Fired up first time, took it for a spin and all seems good.
Just got to sort the brakes out now, I think new pads are needed at the front and the rear is sticking from lack of use.
Centrestand pivot has gone stiff and needs attention too.
Might even be time for its post winter spring clean and tart up with the old hammerite.
Summer's on the way! :D
boiski
Year: 2007
Color: Dark Blue

Post by boiski »

Hello, I have 2007 SH300 and order the same belt (23100-KTW-901) from Bikez Bits via DHL Express delivery. Should be here within 3 days. As I know the engine is almost identical with Forza's, do you think the variator is same? I'm looking for new variator, but cannot find genuine on online shops. I found on eBay new genuine variator for 73 british pounds from Italy but it doesn't have the drive pulley face. The next option is Polini for about 140 Euro, but I prefer genuine. Has anybody found compatible new variator with acceptable price? Doesn't matter where is located.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Hi and welcome :)

Looks like many of the the variator parts are the same in the Forza 300 and 2007 SH300

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces- ... 0+ABS.html

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces- ... H+300.html
boiski

Post by boiski »

Thank you, I've missed that site. But the prices there are... 250 GBP for complete variator (without the bolt and washer). Hope my guy in Italy will find drive pulley face for me. He sells everything without drive pulley face for 73 GBP only. I also bought from him new genuine complete clutch set (clutch + bell + torque driver) for 110 GBP.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Where are you?
boiski

Post by boiski »

I'm in Bulgaria and still looking for front variator.
boiski

Post by boiski »

OK, I bought genuine variator from eBay for about 150 euro and now I'm ready to install the new belt. :)
boiski

Post by boiski »

I have problem with the belt from bikerzbits on my sh300 2007. I think it's too long and hit the case at low rpms. There is no other explanation - I have brand new genuine variator (drive + driven faces). Does somebody know how long should be originally that belt? >23100-KTW-901
Are there any variations?
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:
Given the ability of a Forza 300 to munch its way through brake pads in far less than 8,000 miles and the change in drive belt specifications, the 8,000 mile service interval which was a big selling point for me as a 12,000 mile a year rider has been completely negated.

Changing belts on the Forza every 8000 miles is MUCH CHEAPER, and a walk in the park compare to changing chains and sprockets on my motorcycles... That is not even considering the hundred time I would have to spend 1/2 hour cleaning a chain with kerosene, then cleaning the rim and eveyrwhere it dripped, and then buying 20 dollar cans of chain lube to lube the the chain every couple weeks. You scooter guys do not know how good you have it :D

Mike