This should be fun! Going to get a new exhaust!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: This should be fun! Going to get a new exhaust!

Post by ScooterAddict »

Has anyone used this LeoVince exhaust? Will it add better performance? I mean just the ride ability. Are there any dyno reports. For $211.00 this is a reasonable price for ride-ability and better performance. Plus I do like the sound!
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

My exhaust (not a Leo Vince) with the restrictor baffle in place added zero power, and may have even lost some?
I have not been brave enough to remove the baffle, as it then goes from a 3/4"ish outlet to at least 2" or more.
Exhausts give you road presence to other vehicles and just sound/look cool. Although some show 1hp+ gains on a dyno without the restrictor.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

ScooterAddict wrote:Has anyone used this LeoVince exhaust? Will it add better performance? I mean just the ride ability. Are there any dyno reports. For $211.00 this is a reasonable price for ride-ability and better performance. Plus I do like the sound!
Get yuminashi kit for better performance. You'll notice the difference without dyno report.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Exhausts add little if any horsepower. If that's your sole reason for getting one, spend your money elsewhere. They are more about sound and looks than anything else. I bought it to make my scooter loud, and to replace the ugly can that came pre-attached with something more presentable.

To be honest, I never understood why people buy a small bike so they can mod it to make it go faster. By the time you spend all the money on mods, you would have been better off buying a bike that goes the speed you want it to in the first place.

The main reason I posted about the exhaust in this forum and not performance is that it won't do squat for the latter, it's just a bling thing.

Oh, and this came in the mail today:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.25 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:My exhaust (not a Leo Vince) with the restrictor baffle in place added zero power, and may have even lost some?
I have not been brave enough to remove the baffle, as it then goes from a 3/4"ish outlet to at least 2" or more.
Exhausts give you road presence to other vehicles and just sound/look cool. Although some show 1hp+ gains on a dyno without the restrictor.

No noisy exhausts sound annoying/stupid. Even more stupid on a moped.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:Exhausts add little if any horsepower. If that's your sole reason for getting one, spend your money elsewhere. They are more about sound and looks than anything else. I bought it to make my scooter loud, and to replace the ugly can that came pre-attached with something more presentable.

To be honest, I never understood why people buy a small bike so they can mod it to make it go faster. By the time you spend all the money on mods, you would have been better off buying a bike that goes the speed you want it to in the first place.

The main reason I posted about the exhaust in this forum and not performance is that it won't do squat for the latter, it's just a bling thing.

Excellent. Post some pictures of the fit?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:Exhausts add little if any horsepower. If that's your sole reason for getting one, spend your money elsewhere. They are more about sound and looks than anything else. I bought it to make my scooter loud, and to replace the ugly can that came pre-attached with something more presentable.

Waiting on a gasket. :cry: :x

I may just use the existing gasket then replace it with the new one next week.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
chicaboo wrote:My exhaust (not a Leo Vince) with the restrictor baffle in place added zero power, and may have even lost some?

Wearing a muppet helmet cover is silly too, but I do that. :lol:

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:What are we paying for that? Sounds almost good enough to adjust my riding habits too.
$211 from parts giant in Michigan.

http://www.partsgiant.com/p343501

Hasn't shipped yet. I'm watching the accounts page...hurry hurry!!!! Must have exhaust! Must must!
Thats much better than the op's in my opinion, and a great price toboot. Leo Vinces tend to be loud though.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yep, that is pretty silly but sometimes you feel like a nut... I get it. When I want to get stares I wear my hand made leather aviator cap with matching aviator goggles. People try not to stare and the young girls giggle. I got them right where I want them... noticing me and not their cell phones.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:
you you wrote:

Waiting on a gasket. :cry: :x

I may just use the existing gasket then replace it with the new one next week.

I woul tbh
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Yep, that is pretty silly but sometimes you feel like a nut... I get it. When I want to get stares I wear my hand made leather aviator cap with matching aviator goggles. People try not to stare and the young girls giggle. I got them right where I want them... noticing me and not their cell phones.

Ohkayyyy....hmmmmm.....?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:... I got them right where I want them... noticing me and not their cell phones.
Hrmmm ... I should have tried that when I was 18. ;) :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:
homie wrote:... I got them right where I want them... noticing me and not their cell phones.
for safety reasons I mean to clarify that a little.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:What are we paying for that? Sounds almost good enough to adjust my riding habits too.
$211 from parts giant in Michigan.

http://www.partsgiant.com/p343501

Hasn't shipped yet. I'm watching the accounts page...hurry hurry!!!! Must have exhaust! Must must!
Thats much better than the op's in my opinion, and a great price toboot. Leo Vinces tend to be loud though.
I am the original poster. Perhaps the first post was confusing. I posted a pic of an exhaust I liked the look of, but said I was getting the Leo Vince instead because I didn't want to order from Japan.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

you you wrote:

maybe, but most keep away from me since putting on the exhaust. And I don't really care if I sound like 4T dirt bike...
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
for safety reasons I mean to clarify that a little.
Time to take the "free candy" stickers off your scooter.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

no, no, that's not what was intended... oh forget it you know what I meant.
Attachments
homie.jpg
homie.jpg (63.14 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Heheh, is that helmet DOT certified?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

it's on!

Post by honkerman »

Got the new exhaust on today. Sounds awesome. Will post video as soon as I can
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube